Home Precious Metals
Options

$1.5B US Bond seized (again) in Italy

Does anyone care to speculate on why "we" have so many of your bonds?! (either fake or original)

In addition to the US Bonds, the 70 years old man who was holding them, had some certificates for 1,000 tons of gold.
The authorities are working together with the US Embassy to verify the authenticity of such documents.

Sorry the link is from an Italian newspaper. I thought that the video would interest you anyway.

LINK
The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no speaka da language, english please

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>no speaka da language, english please >>

Sorry, I tried to look up for an english article but couldn't find it.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least the con men are now using a series 1928 or 1934 (can't tell) Federal Reserve note to photoshop their funny paper from. The first one of these scams that I saw began its life as a modern $50 bill with the large modern portrait of Grant, even though it was dated in the 1930's.

Love the nine-digit serial number. According to that there are over 666,000,000 bonds of $500,000,000 each before this one!!!! What does that multiply out to? My calculator doesn't have enough spaces on it!

LOL!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Seized $ 1.5 billion
    in U.S. government securities
    Issued "bearer" of the Federal Reserve in the '30s. Still in circulation, held them in a car in his 70

Seized debt securities Americans for a nominal value of $ 1.5 billion
    MILAN - The Guardia di Finanza seized debt securities of U.S. state with a nominal value of about 1.5 billion dollars and certificates of deposit for a thousand tons of gold for a total of over 3 billion euros, since they consider the dubious origin. The seizure is part of an operation called "Million dollar" that has affected the provinces of Rome and Viterbo, and arrives at the conclusion of a survey conducted by the military of the yellow flames that lasted several months on a tour of U.S. government securities in bearer form.
    The seizure of the GDF

CASE - "This is - explain the investigators - the epilogue of intensive intelligence, lasting several months, on a matter of public debt securities of the United States, issued" bearer "of the Federal Reserve in the '30s but still in circulation presumably to be used to guarantee loans or to opaque international financial transactions. " Outlined the framework of investigation, has taken the blitz of yellow flames of the Rome Group, in collaboration with colleagues from Viterbo, were intercepted in the capital of Latium, on his 70's who kept his car in a briefcase with the degrees and certificates deposit, as well as documentation of financial transactions deemed "interesting" by the military. A man charged include previous convictions for robbery, extortion, property crimes, drug trafficking and money laundering. Are still under investigation, with the help of officials from the U.S. Federal Reserve and U.S. Embassy in Rome, designed to "verify the authenticity, the nature and origin of the securities, as well as their destination and the possible links man with criminal organizations. "

Editorial Online
    April 21, 2012 | 20:48
    PLAY RESERVED ©

this is it in English
    stay above or get found below.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone care to speculate on why "we" have so many of your bonds?! (either fake or original) >>

Here's my guess.

Mafia Scam.

Their targets are not the US Government.

They target suckers who want to hurt the US government by cashing in these high value bonds that """the Mafia cannot.""" So, they sell them to the suckers and they convince them they can cash them in while the mafia people cannot.

The idiots don't realize everyone cannot.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, at least the con men are now using a series 1928 or 1934 (can't tell) Federal Reserve note to photoshop their funny paper from. The first one of these scams that I saw began its life as a modern $50 bill with the large modern portrait of Grant, even though it was dated in the 1930's.

Love the nine-digit serial number. According to that there are over 666,000,000 bonds of $500,000,000 each before this one!!!! What does that multiply out to? My calculator doesn't have enough spaces on it!

LOL! >>

The first photo looks like a diploma!

A real bearer bond::

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Translated version:

Text
    Good for you.