Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT: Does eBay not have customer service chat anymore?

I left negative feedback for a seller that refused to sell me the item I won. I left negative feedback saying "Seller would not sell me the card...terrible communication! F--" Well today I got an email from ebay stating this was feedback abuse so they retracted my feedback. Now I can't leave feedback at all. Does this mean this seller just gets away with not honoring the agreement to sell the item to the highest bidder?

Comments

• Options
    No, they don't have live chat help anymore.

The feedback system has been irreparably broken since they stopped allowing sellers to neg deadbeat bidders. It was on life support well before that, but it's truly a complete joke now. It hasn't worked well for about the last 10 years or so. It's just stupid.
  • Options

<< <i>No, they don't have live chat help anymore.

The feedback system has been irreparably broken since they stopped allowing sellers to neg deadbeat bidders. It was on life support well before that, but it's truly a complete joke now. It hasn't worked well for about the last 10 years or so. It's just stupid. >>

Yea, it is a fricken' joke. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I left negative feedback for a seller that refused to sell me the item I won. I left negative feedback saying "Seller would not sell me the card...terrible communication! F--" Well today I got an email from ebay stating this was feedback abuse so they retracted my feedback. Now I can't leave feedback at all. Does this mean this seller just gets away with not honoring the agreement to sell the item to the highest bidder? >>

WOW
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    I love to chat.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    Call them. Maybe they thought the "F--" was supposed to be a curse word?
  • Options
    They don't want anyone to be able to get a hold of them so no suprise the stoped the chat feature.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    If a buyer doesn't pay or a seller doesn't ship... neither buyer or seller is allowed to leave feedback. It's an odd concept eBay has embraced.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone notice the date on the OP before Mike bumped it? Must be a slow day counting beans at the office, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Did anyone notice the date on the OP before Mike bumped it? Must be a slow day counting beans at the office, LOL! >>

I only have time to add sarcastic comments... you can't expect me to read the thread too?!
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did anyone notice the date on the OP before Mike bumped it? Must be a slow day counting beans at the office, LOL! >>

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Some guy just charged me $3 in shipping

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Some guy just charged me $3 in shipping

Please tell me you reported him. We can't have this type of trash muddying the waters.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Some guy just charged me $3 in shipping >>

How many times was the bubble mailer re-used?

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just logged in on eBay for the first time since I created my ID in Feb 2012. I look forward to as much misery as everyone else on there as a buyer in the coming weeks image