Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Congratulations to AllCoinsRule !!!

Hey Jaime, way to go!

You trumped my 1980 set. I have not been able to find any replacements, that I could afford, for a very long time, but I guess you did.

You have a great set and I am jealous, so keep checking your six. Sooner or later I will come back at you. image

Cheers !

edited the spelling in the title, geez...

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    docgdocg Posts: 528 ✭✭
    Jaime has a hell of an eye for quality! He is one of the best modern collectors/finders of modern coins out there! He knows his moderns.
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaime has a hell of an eye for quality! He is one of the best modern collectors/finders of modern coins out there! He knows his moderns.

And I might add, one hell of a classy collector..you go Jamie!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    Kudos to Allcoinsrule.

I love your passion and enthusiasm for high grade circulation C-N clad coinage as well as Lincoln Memorial Cents and post-65 Jeff Nickels!

You're certainly a pioneer in this area of U.S. Numismatics.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Jaime on some great modern collections!! You deserve all the praise for your hard work on your sets!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    No doubt one who looks for the best of, Great job!!!!
  • Options
    sorry, duplicate post.
  • Options

<< <i>Thank you Ernie! It's really nice to get a congrats!

Here are some highlights...

1980-s Susan Brownell Anthony dollar in ms67, pop 77. From the DRG Hall of Fame SBA collection. DRG searched 35 bags, 70,000 coins (these are dollars, that's $70,000!) and got graded at least 40 of the ms67s. Since the high grade 80-s sba's only come from bags or rolls, and not mint sets, they are the toughest date to find in high grade with full talons. I assume this was DRG's best!
    >>

Are you sure you are not talking about the 1981-S you acquired? I thought that was the coin Dr. Golan was talking about, not the 1980-S. I am probably wrong, and just learned something new.
  • Options
    Jaime,
    Congratulations on all of your great sets!!
    Ron
  • Options
    NumisMeNumisMe Posts: 841 ✭✭
    OK, that's much better. image

This is what this forum is all about and I'm glad to see that things are starting to pick up again.

I agree completely with what Jaime has said about learning from the various forum members. I too have learned volumes from you guys and have made some pretty good freinds along the way. Some of you are like family to me and mine, and are valued for your friendship and advice.

Congratulations to everyone for your accomplishments and your help.

You all deserve a hand. imageimage
  • Options
    Jaime; Thanks for the link. I guess I needed a memory refresher. I stand corrected. It was the 80-s he searched heavily, the 81-s were not available in bags.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I was personally looking for coins like the 92(p) quarter in MS67 going back to the late 1980's."

Just for a heads up Jaime ... I am now looking for coins like super tough JFK Presidential Dollar in MS69 right this minute! image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Jaime I see you are still doing well with your collections. image
    Dan
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I know what you are going thruogh with the 06-P dimes. Lost count on how many boxes searched before and after making that solo 67FB. And the boxes were coming from all over, not just from the bank my wife works at. I bought more off ebay than came from her. Just no pride in the quality from the mint for a couple years there.
    I'll look through some of the stuff I saved, see if anything is worth sending to you.
    Dan
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations from one modern collector to another.
  • Options
    Good work. It's fun to build a great collection! And now that you've completed it, I'll bet you're very happy.

Best wishes from Thailand,

Just Having Fun
    Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm down to just needing one clad dime in ms67 (not counting 10-p,11-p,11-d which can be bought on ebay at any instant), and guess what date? 06-p!!! I traded the one you sold me >>

This was a Pop 1 coin in MS67FB,

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations AllCoinsRule.

That '80-D half dollar doesn't look like a mint set coin either.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    NumisMeNumisMe Posts: 841 ✭✭

<< <i>New thread title needed, Congratulations to Mas3387 !!! >>

I'll second that, Jaime. Michael is one of a kind and a good freind. image
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Jaime has a hell of an eye for quality! He is one of the best modern collectors/finders of modern coins out there! He knows his moderns.

And I might add, one hell of a classy collector..you go Jamie!

WS >>

I couldn't agree more. Congratulations Jaime!

Best Regards,

George
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.