Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Buying Ancient Coins At Least 2,000+ Years Old: Please Read

Hi Guys. I need to buy about (50) Ancient coins at least 2,000 years old and graded around VF or better by NGC or ICG. I need to spend around a couple hundred dollars a coin ... slightly more or less depending upon the coin of course. Let me know what you have available.

And, please check out my BST thread on the US Coin boards that has close to 900 transactions or comments already. Thanks,

Wondercoin
(Mitch - I am a member of PCGS' Board of Experts and you can see my bio on PCGS' homepage)
Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do they need to be graded by NGC? Any specific reason? Most ancient collectors like them Raw.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NGC or ICG is actually fine.

Higher chance of avoiding counterfeits in an coin area I know very little about at this time. Should I not be concerned?

Thanks. Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So long as your buying from a trusted dealer you will be OK. ICG & NGC both dont guarantee authenticity. But I am telling you now there isnt 1 main dealer who only sells slabbed ancients. I have bought from big name dealers to the littles vest pocket dealers.

If you want a referral to some decent dealers I can PM them to you if you like.

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>NGC or ICG is actually fine.

Higher chance of avoiding counterfeits in an coin area I know very little about at this time. Should I not be concerned?

Thanks. Wondercoin >>

Mitch, I should think David Vagi (now with NGC) should be able to direct you to top-tier and trustworthy dealer(s) in ancients (slabbed or otherwise).
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I am closing in on a purchase!

Wondercoin