Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Are we still having submission issues? 48 working days out....

Is PSA still behind?
Skips PSA Exchange
Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
Tony Dorsett Master Set
1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)

Comments

• Options
    I am waiting for a 275 card submission to be logged. It was received 9 business days ago...... image
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    I have a 160 card sub on business day 26 and a smaller sub on business day 16, my previous high wait time was 17 business days and I've had about 40 subs with 7 or 8 of them being 100+ cards in the last 3+ years. PSA 2012 is starting to suck
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    My 80 card sub popped on day 48 yesterday. I have another 110 card sub waiting for loggage as well that was mailed in March.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    patience kids. they will get caught up eventually. the wait is agonizing, but the rewards are still pretty cool.
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    The worst part is that it has been like this for 5 months now. You'd think they would hire more employees, or put in a bit of overtime, or a few weekend hours. Something!
  • Options

<< <i>......or put in a bit of overtime, or a few weekend hours. Something! >>

they are.
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

they are. >>

They have always had people in on weekends doing order log-ins....but not graders or shipping.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

they are. >>

They have always had people in on weekends doing order log-ins....but not graders or shipping. >>

the Titanic isn't sinking and they are putting in OT. trust me on that one.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The high demand for their grading service is why most cards sell for more in a PSA graded holder.

They have over 80% market share and must be taking more share.

I am on business day 32 for my 38 card sub and I am getting anxious but if a few of the cards grade out well it will be well worth the wait.

• Options
    Jmhockey23Jmhockey23 Posts: 652 ✭✭
    Delivered
    April 02, 2012, 1:02 pm
    NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92660

Monday will be 2 weeks without loggage! Wrote "Other 20-Day" on the package...
  • Options

<< <i>My 80 card sub popped on day 48 yesterday. I have another 110 card sub waiting for loggage as well that was mailed in March. >>

I'm just about right there... I can handle waiting for poppage, bit the loggage part does bother me...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    pclpadspclpads Posts: 457 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My 80 card sub popped on day 48 yesterday. I have another 110 card sub waiting for loggage as well that was mailed in March. >>

I'm just about right there... I can handle waiting for poppage, bit the loggage part does bother me... >>

That's why I always send subs w/ DC. At least that removes the worry of whether or not they rec'd the pkg.
    You know the sub is in their hands, just haven't logged it. My last sub in March took 8 M-F biz days to log after delivery.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is the slowest I have seen them other than in the late 1998-2000 time frame. They were like this then.
    They have 5 orders of mine now and only 2 have been logged.
    Beckett also has and order that hasnt been logged in but thats the norm over there. They get it out the day its due 100% of the time from my experience.

But PSA seems slammed this year!
  • Options

<< <i>The high demand for their grading service is why most cards sell for more in a PSA graded holder.

They have over 80% market share and must be taking more share.

I am on business day 32 for my 38 card sub and I am getting anxious but if a few of the cards grade out well it will be well worth the wait. >>

high demand for their grading service

Exactly!!!! SGC, BGS, and others may be faster but you get what u pay for.
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    just saying.....
    53 days out and still nothing.....58 card sub
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Club sub popped, logged 4/7 popped 4/17 supposed to be 7 bus days, it was close. Still have a 100 and a 25 logged 4/7
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Something had to have happened after June of 2011... either people quit or they downsized! I've never seen anything official stated here, or on the phone with CS... but at one time in the past few months a rep did let it slip in an email that "as you know, we're short staffed". I honestly believe they lost people (for whatever reason), and it's been enough that it's negatively impacting their service!

Today I sit here, and it's Business Day #20... on an 20-day service level, full price, single item, submission... no poppage yet! In one of my email exchanges, I was specifically told that a lot of times, an order may pop sooner if conditions exist like it's the same sport, same set, and/or the cards are easy to research and thus move through the process quicker. So I wanted to test that theory as well... and that submission is still at PSA! An all football, all base card (IE. easy to research), all modern submission at the 45-day service level... today is business day #39, and no poppage yet.

Yesterday, I was bored and put this together. I'm almost half way through my third yearly CC membership... here is just my poppage history for monthly specials at the 45 day service level...

Like I said, something had to have happened after June of last year... and they're just struggling to keep up! I love PSA, and love their product/service... but they need to get back to being ahead of the curve... not so severely behind it for months on end!
  • Options
    Praying for a little poppage good fortune today... maybe tomorrow...

Sitting on business day #22, on a 20-day submission... waiting for poppage!
    Sitting on business day #41, on a 45-day submission... waiting for poppage!

Just had a April CC Special #3, 20-day sumission, arrive at PSA yesterday... waiting for loggage!

Hoping for a good news week (well, or at least compounding good news enlight of one sub already running over)!!!
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

they are. >>

They have always had people in on weekends doing order log-ins....but not graders or shipping. >>

ABSOLUTE COMPLETE LIE
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    They must still be behind. I think they're compensating for it now by waiting longer to log items in. They've had an order of mine for almost a week now and it hasn't been logged yet. It's all kind of annoying, but what's the alternative?
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with loggage.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Jeff,
    What did you send in?

I need to get a smallish order of relatively recent stuff out to see how it is going. If it looks about right I need to get busy and send in a bunch
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options

<< <i>Jeff,
    What did you send in?

I need to get a smallish order of relatively recent stuff out to see how it is going. If it looks about right I need to get busy and send in a bunch >>

I sent in two orders. One 10-day special and then another 45-day.
    Jeff
  • Options
    Recieved the 5th of april at PSA logged in April 23. 2 more to go all 10 day orders both recieved April 9th no loggage as of date..
    I think they are 2 weeks behind is what im hearing.
    It will get there but its painful.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap Handyman....They are not even logging in the expedited services with any type of urgency at all. It's taking 2 weeks to log in 10 business day subs. Complaining sometimes is just complaining; but this is getting out of hand. If the 2 week loggage is going to be the norm...this will hurt them in the end. Some may say...What's your alternative?----To not grade certain cards. Most of us grade alot of commons; but don't exactly need to. I grade alot of stuff to buid up inventory and then sell it. I use that inventory to then buy what I collect. Is business booming at PSA or are they understaffed? For this to be going on for this long...they must have let some folks go. They've had many specials before and loggage has never been like this. Like one member stated "This has been going on for like 6 months". Maybe PSA will come out with some info about this.
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more. When a paid extra for a quick turnaround 10 day special is taking two weeks to log in, that is a major problem.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options

<< <i>Is business booming at PSA or are they understaffed? For this to be going on for this long...they must have let some folks go. They've had many specials before and loggage has never been like this. Like one member stated "This has been going on for like 6 months". Maybe PSA will come out with some info about this. >>

I'm thinking... BOTH!

Typically, I wouldn't share such communications... but I consider this one pretty tame and void of what I'd consider friendly information that shouldn't be shared. Not to imply I have any inside info... ever... as I most certainly do not. Just one of those professional-type courtesies where as, if they wanted everyone to be told said info, they'd just tell everyone! Anyway, I emailed Joe Orlando yesterday to inquire about my overdue 20 day sub... emailed Joe, because it was my third consecutive 20-day sub that went beyond 20 business days without results (as of this posting, I still don't have poppage). This was his reply...

"We had a massive surge of business in recent times and have already started to add resources to help improve turnaround times.

That said, the turn times are not going to be improved overnight since we can't just hire anyone to handle the collectibles.

I really appreciate your patience. Please understand that the staff is doing their best to rectify the situation."
  • Options
    Joe is a class act. I always appreciate it when he personally replies to messages I've sent.

I'd like to mention - that since my post earlier today - both of my submissions have been logged. I'm sure it has nothing to do with this thread - but since I stated I was experiencing a delay - I wanted to update the status.

Jeff
  • Options
    My theory was they must have had someone quit in the loggage room and they are training new blood in there. They seem to be slow at typing the orders in.
    Only a theory as I have no idea.
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    56 days and it finally popped.......and with the results it will be awhile before I send anything else in.....
    Skips PSA Exchange

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    would it be too complicated for the deep thinkers at newport beach to conclude that a couple of minimum wage employees should be hired?

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options

<< <i>56 days and it finally popped.......and with the results it will be awhile before I send anything else in..... >>

Can we see the results?
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Finally got all my 10 day orders loged in. Recieved the 9th of april and loged today on a FRIDAY!! Worst part is now I have the weekend to add to the days that dont count as business days. Woopiee. Worst Ive had period being here.
    Hope they take there time looking at the cards.
    All loged now.
  • Options
    yeah, i'm with you, still waiting on loggage from two weeks ago.

so, to make matters worse, i just got back from the P.O. after shipping another one. image
  • Options
    It's BGS too. 97 card sub delivered in the 19th no loggage.

Sportscard industry is alive and well, well a bit behind, but good things come to those who wait!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 submissions sent in the same box

Delivered

April 13, 2012, 8:53 am

NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

PSA still has not logged in. Of course just called them and they are pretty backed up they said but 2 weeks is a bit sad.
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    April 16th here, 2 subs... one free set registry grades, the other around 75 card 20 day sub.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last sub logged really fast, they put it on receive/hold because my declared value on a couple cards was over the limit for the regular service level. I had to end up paying more for express service on those two cards, but I did get fast loggage. And those two cards got a PSA 10, so I guess I was happy.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    ttt for u no hu.