Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Autographs
Options

"Deliberately Designed"....Magikbilly's great term for the hobby!

Hey Eric, I really like that. It's a great name for a genre of collecting. It can encompass specific inscription requests or creative use of materials like your Adriatic piece. Here are two from my collection....

Years ago I came across this metal ruler advertising the Minneapolis Tribune newspaper. It features the entire Twins home schedule for the 1963 season and cost me 5-cents. The image of a batter swinging is obviously Harmon Killebrew and when I sent it to Harmon for signing I asked if he would be so kind as to add his player number to the uniform of his image on the ruler. Of course, the Killer graciously obliged. image

I sent this photo to Mary Badham and requested that she add the quote, which is one of the stand-out lines from the novel "To Kill a Mockingbird".

Comments

• Options
    Hi Pete!

Thanks image I like your Killebrew item! You've had the same idea - awesome. It just shows thought, and it is nice to have something you can't find in any other collection. Lovely Mockingbird SP too - there was a wonderful documentary about Harper Lee on the other night and I thought of your previously posted Mockingbird material.

Best wishes,
    Eric

Hand tinted unique candid taken photograph aboard the R.M.S. Adriatic, signed to me personally by Miss Millvina Dean, youngest and last survivor of the Titanic. "To Eric with all good wishes from Millvina Dean, youngest and last survivor of the Titanic"
    The Adriatic took Miss Dean, her mother and brother back to England after the Titanic disaster. Five years earlier, in 1907, Titanic's Captain Smith brought the Adriatic over on her maiden voyage. He was interviewed in New York and said "...I never saw a wreck and have never been wrecked, nor was I ever in any predicament that threatened to end in disaster of any sort." - May 16, 1907 ALL Thanks due to "a friend"

Miss Millvina Dean (2 February 1912 - 31 May 2009 - the anniversary of launch), taken the day she signed my photograph, last week of September, 2008.