Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Maravich Rc thoughts?

What are yalls thoughts on this card? This is the only Maravich rookie I have ever had. Let me have it. The good the bad and the ugly.
Thoughts?

imageimageimage

Pic makes the bottom left took like a chip. I moved the card in the case and tried another scan.

Comments

• Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Has the side of the card (above the card # in the first picture) been trimmed?

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question. Card is not trimmed. Edges have been triple checked and they are factory cut. Also is not a min size or miscut.
    Its not centered how I like my cards.

I see what you are saying but the back has a tilt that makes it look wierd. Bugs the cr#p out of me.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the top edge on the reverse. Nice color and decent centering on the front. If it isn't trimmed, looks like a 7 on most days or possibly up to an 8 on a good day.

Good luck!
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is a lock for 7, maybe a 7.5. I don't think it can get an 8.
    Mike
  • Options
    Is it bc of the centering? Details on the grade if yall can.
    Thanks again
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    PSA 6

Chaz
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    interesting.
    Any details?
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    get rid of it quickly
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    I burned it!
    Not centered enough. It was my mind or the card!
  • Options
    Mat84Mat84 Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Your Pete looks really great but I am not sure how they deduct for the back discoloration thing you have going on. Depending on the surface my guess is 7 or 7.5.

Here's a Kareem I just graded for comparison (There is some major chipping going on the left middle edge and the lower right corner is dinged).

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at dozens of them before I bought an 8 for my set. The coloration is fine on the reverse. I've seen better in an 8 holder and I've seen some worse. Just looks like a couple of the corners and possible the bottom border will keep it out of that holder, but you never know. I believe this is a 7 or 7.5 all day long. Just keep in mind, when you display them, you are only going to see the front anyhow. The back would drive me nuts as well! Good luck.... I love this set!
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Got graded today finally.

PSA 8 Nm-Mt
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Got graded today finally.

PSA 8 Nm-Mt >>

That is awesome! I really thought it would be a 7 or so. Again, congrats!
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **