Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Tom Bender Collection of IHC

This awesome set of IHC has recently been retired. Does anyone know the details of when, where, how much..etc or has it not sold yet?

Comments

• Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

Sold to Robert (huge) Hughues
  • Options
    Did it sell for more than Carnton's 1 million a couple of yrs ago or is that undisclosed?
  • Options
    Tom Bender compiled an amazing collection of Indian Head cents. I had the opportunity to glimpse his registry set listing of Indian Head proofs online back in 2008. He normally keeps the details hidden The number of top/pops he has on both collections are quite impressive. Does anyone know if he is shifting his focus from small cents to bigger game?
  • Options

He's got some nice Lincolns, as well. If he is liquidating his small cent holdings, it would be nice to see the Lincolns at auction.

Jack

• Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure a thoughtful and sincere call placed to a certain dealer that specializes in small cents of all flavors could shed some light on the answer to this question.
  • Options

My days of working the "inner circle" for my Lincolns are over. I just watch the auctions and pluck one or two here and there.
    If Tom sells them at auction, I'll place my bids.

Jack