Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question about Lebron's Ultra rookie card

Does anyone know the difference between these 2003 Lebron Ultra cards?

2003 Ultra #171
2003 Ultra #171 Lucky 13
2003 Ultra #171 packed with dicast Hummer

Does PSA recognize the regular issue as his true rookie card for inclusion in his rookie set? I heard someone say that the Lucky 13 card was his true rookie. Is the card issued with the hummer toy any different that the regualr issue? It looks the same on the front but is it labeled differently on the back? I'm building a Lebron rookie set and I don't want to screw up and get the wrong card.

I appreciate anyones help

Bernie Kosar collector

Comments

• Options
    TmbrWolf22TmbrWolf22 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭
    The Lucky 13 is serial numbered to 500...(I think). The Hummer card is NOT serial Numbered. They also have a Gold Medallion L13 that is not serial numbered either, but does say Gold Medallion on the back. There may be a Platinum Medallion L13 as well, But seeing one is doubtful, as I believe they are numbered extremely low....like to 10, or something. (maybe even 1 of 1) not too sure.

I am a football collector, so the above info may not be completely acurate but I believe thats how the 2004 Ultra FB product was. I bought a L13 LeBron GAI 9.5 I just cracked it out, getting ready to send to PSA.

I can't help you with your question about the registry, I really have no Idea. Sorry.
  • Options
    Here is the 2004 Lucky 13 Gold Medallion (top), And the true Lucky 13 RC /500 (Bottom)
  • Options
    My Lebron. It is in raw form now. Case was cracked anyway.
  • Options
    Also....If I remember right, the Hummer card does not have the Lucky 13 insignia on the card front.
  • Options
    JasonM32JasonM32 Posts: 170 ✭✭
    Very nice card. I'd like to get one that nice.

It's looking like the Lucky 13 is the only "rookie" card. The non lucky 13 and the Hummer card might be one and the same. I don't know how many of those they made but it seems like a lot.

Bernie Kosar collector

• Options
    Yeah...Ultra did the same "hummer" type thing with the Football Lucky 13s in 04 as well. I have an Eli one...and a Roethlisberger one....lol Not too sure what their marketing strategy was there.