Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

WTB: 1983 Topps Cello Pack w/Ripken on Top

I'm looking for a 1983 Topps Cello Pack with Ripken on top. Slabbed or not, it doesn't matter. If you have one for sale or trade, please contact me. It's the last one I need to complete my "Topps Cellos with Ripken (visible) on top".

Here is what I have so far:

Thanks! image

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Jeff, Flat out.....That's AWESOME! Hope someone can help you complete the run.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Agreed. That's pretty great stuff Jeff.

The 83 IMO is his best looking regular Topps card. Love the orange jersey.

Good luck finding one.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Hey Justin, thanks for asking! I'm still working on filling the "R-I-P-K-E-N" letters for the top of the frame. I'm still stuck on only having K & N. I search for them every day on COMC and ebay. It'll happen soon enough, I'm not giving up on it! image
  • Options
    mariotownmariotown Posts: 508 ✭✭
    I have a 1983 Topps Cello PSA 9.

1983 Topps Cello Ripken PSA 9
    I collect PSA 10 Cal Ripken, Jr. cards.
  • Options

<< <i>I have a 1983 Topps Cello PSA 9.

1983 Topps Cello Ripken PSA 9 >>

Wow, with Rollie Fingers on the back! Little known fact, Rollie Fingers was my very first "favorite baseball player", even before Ripken. I think I was pulled in my his amazing mustache. lol

Is it for sale? It may be out of my price range.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Jeff ... did you see the recent post IRONMAN FAN made on his pack submission?

Here is the result of one of his packs:

19784223 - NEAR MINT 7 - 1983 TOPPS BASEBALL CELLO PACK CELLO PACK CAL RIPKEN JR.-TOP - Pack
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I missed that one! Unfortunately IMF tends to play for keeps (can't say I blame him, so do I), but it's worth a PM! image
  • Options
    You are probably right, but MAYBE he has another one.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Does Muggyman still post on here? I haven't seen him around here in a while. If anyone has one, surely he would.
  • Options
    I have not seen dave on here in a while, although I did "speak" with him via email about one month ago.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    mariotownmariotown Posts: 508 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have a 1983 Topps Cello PSA 9.

1983 Topps Cello Ripken PSA 9 >>

Wow, with Rollie Fingers on the back! Little known fact, Rollie Fingers was my very first "favorite baseball player", even before Ripken. I think I was pulled in my his amazing mustache. lol

Is it for sale? It may be out of my price range. >>

Sure, it's for sale. I'm not real sure on a price but would take an offer.

Kevin
    I collect PSA 10 Cal Ripken, Jr. cards.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Jeff, I think Jose (starpaxman) just had an 83 topps Ripken pack just pop. I am sure he would take care of you.
  • Options

<< <i>Jeff, I think Jose (starpaxman) just had an 83 topps Ripken pack just pop. I am sure he would take care of you. >>

You are right Matt. This is from Jose's recent post in his incredible thread:

19792128 MINT 9 1983 TOPPS BASEBALL CELLO PACK CELLO PACK CAL RIPKEN JR.-TOP/NOLAN RYAN S.V.-BACK Pack
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Can you say inflation.

An increase from .49 to .79 in just 8 years!

Scoreboard Malfunction