Home U.S. Coin Forum

April 1, 2012 is not a fool's day, you'll flip your PCGS calendar to see this...the most beautifully

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Todd's(BluCC Photos) incredible image of this Pop One 1909 VDB PR67+RB
from the McCullagh Collection

About this set: The McCullagh Collection is named in honor of my wife, Anne Catherine McCullagh, born in Dublin, Ireland. She has been the inspiration for building this high quality MPL Registry Set. This could not have been accomplished without the dedication and support of our Numismatist, Brian Wagner (BWRC). In addition, have to thank Laura Sperber, Legend Numismatics, for her help in acquiring the 1909 VDB and 1915, cornerstones to the collection. A special thanks also goes out to Matt Chapman, who was directly or indirectly involved in acquiring FIVE of the other coins in this collection. As I told Matt, a strong argument could be made to call this the Chapman/McCullagh Collection. Thanks Matt! Finally, would like to thank Todd Pollock, BluCC Photos for creating the templates and providing the imaging on several of the coins. On March 04, 2010 the highest-graded 1909 V.D.B. Matte Proof Lincoln cent was purchased as a centerpiece for this collection. This has been recorded as the highest price ever paid for a regular-issue business strike or proof small cent, including Lincoln, Flying Eagle and Indian. I hope you enjoy this set as much as we do. Jonathan

McCullagh Collection
WingedLiberty1957's "100 Greatest MPL's"

Comments

• drddmdrddm Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather have drddm's avatar coin!!image

MPL's don't do that much for me.
    Ok DIMEMAN, please PM me your address so I can send it to you image

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave has some wonderful CBH's, no doubt. You could probably buy most of them with this VDB MPL.
    Lance.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure you would send it.image

That's a beautiful CBH Dave!!

<< <i>Dave has some wonderful CBH's, no doubt. You could probably buy most of them with this VDB MPL.
    Lance. >>

You're probably right Lance, but I'd still rather own my CBH set than one single, albeit gorgeous, MPL Lincoln, JMO.
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gentlemen, there is no need for disagreement. Simply send the stunning MPL and all of drddm's half dollars to me and we can all get along.image
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the OP...STUNNING!...and I am not even a toner nut.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
    Ok, now I'm confused, who should I be sending all my CBH's to?

I'd rather send all of them at once so I can save on shipping costs.

Please let me know as it's getting late and I'd like to pack them up tonight image
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok, now I'm confused, who should I be sending all my CBH's to?

I'd rather send all of them at once so I can save on shipping costs.

Please let me know as it's getting late and I'd like to pack them up tonight image >>

PM sent!image
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Looks like Tom hit the Mega Millions Jackpot!!!

Congrats Tom, you've just won my CBH set image

Seriously, that it is one AMAZING and pricey MPL Lincoln....so who's the lucky guy who owns it, anyone know?
    Oops, just read the description below the pic.....DUH!!!

• << <i>Todd's(BluCC Photos) incredible image of this Pop One 1909-S VDB PR67+RB
    from the McCullagh Collection >>

All matte proof Lincoln Cents were struck at Philadelphia, not San Francisco. The coin is gorgeous, and I am surprised that it didn't make it into a 68 holder.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That coin is a BEAST. i got to see this collection at a show. Jaw dropping. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is amazing! What a stunning coin...

ABimage
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Todd's(BluCC Photos) incredible image of this Pop One 1909 VDB PR67+RB

All matte proof Lincoln Cents were struck at Philadelphia, not San Francisco. The coin is gorgeous, and I am surprised that it didn't make it into a 68 holder. >>

My bad....I'll correct now!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW, what a gorgeous MPL.
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to take another look....
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is one fantastic coin. I have seen it in hand a few times and stunning every time. It is clean and mark free as a coin can get. One you just look at in awe. Just a great coin to have been able to image.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭
    I've seen the coin in hand and it is drop dead gorgeous.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    Breathtaking!!! image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • fcfc Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Todd's(BluCC Photos) incredible image of this Pop One 1909-S VDB PR67+RB

All matte proof Lincoln Cents were struck at Philadelphia, not San Francisco. The coin is gorgeous, and I am surprised that it didn't make it into a 68 holder. >>

What did exactly stop it from getting in a 68 holder? If this was a modern coin that
    was only 5 years old would it be in a 69 holder? Where are the problems that I
    cannot see in the pics?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file