Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Buffalo Nickels with die clash -- please post your chin whiskers

breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
Okay, I thought this was a good idea so please help a Buff collector out and post your chin whisker examples. These are Buffalos with a die clash below the Indian's chin (and usually a corresponding clash in the E PLURIBUS UNUM).
I know there have been two examples posted on here recently, and I know people like Shamika, Crazyhounddog, Yellowjacket must have some. It would be interesting to see how many different dates we could come up with:

Here's one of mine:

Here's the list of dates so far:

1913-S Type 1 (2)
1913 Type 2 (2)
1913-S Type 2

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

Comments

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    imageimage
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageimage

Kind weak but it's there....I love this Buff, it's one of my favorites, I'll NEVER sell it......Joe
  • Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe,
    I knew I could count on you! You have some great coins with chin whiskers. I will go back and edit the OP so I keep track of all the dates that have the die clash. We need others to help us out here.

Here's another one of mine that is a bit weak but clearly there:

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    WOW!! Jeff that 1920 is gorgeous!!!image
  • Options
    imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file