Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Add nakatajp_4 to your Blocked Bidder List

nakatajp_4 is one to add to your blocked bidder list. He has his feedback set to private for a reason. He and I are currently involved in a PayPal item not received dispute. Sold him a $750 BGS 9.5 Michael Jordan Atomic Refractor in February. I didn't send it Registered Mail and that is my fault. He claims he hasn't received it and I am sure he has. After googling his user ID, I found out he does this kind of thing quite frequently. Sometimes if he receives ungraded cards, he will claim that they are damaged and ask for a partial refund.
I tried to contact Beijing Customs because he would've had to pay customs, but they don't speak English very well and I don't speak Chinese. If anyone on this board would want to help me with that, it would be greatly appreciated. I will probably lose the PayPal dispute, but I contacted eBay and had them look at his feedback left for others on their end. They did and told me to report him for abusing the Buyer Protection Policy and they would investigate. I asked them that if I lost the PayPal case, would it be possible for me to receive my money back from eBay and they told me yes. Time will tell...

Comments

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I dont even want to sell a $5 item to foreign buyers...not worth the hassle and risk. Cant imagine doing it for something of that value. I had a guy try to buy a $200 item from me before from Spain and I told him, I would accept an international MO for payment, but not Paypal and he sent it and bought the item. Paypal is evil enough without the risk of foreign scamsters
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    1960toppsguy1960toppsguy Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    Thanks
  • Options
    Paypal makes it difficult to sell to foreign buyers.
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    "Fu ka u. I neba got caa."

That's why I no longer sell outside of N. America.

• Options
    Changed his user ID today to la_tokyo
  • Options
    I also do not sell out of the US.

Dave
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I have just recently started selling to Canada, but I do so with great trepidation.
  • Options
    50 states, D.C., and APO/FPO addresses only!

No Puerto Rico, Guam, Phillippines, U.S. Virgin Island, Canada, or Mexico.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have just recently started selling to Canada, but I do so with great trepidation. >>

At least there's a few board members that can provide you some muscle up north! My sore spots are Puerto Rico and New Jersey!
  • Options

<< <i>"Fu ka u. I neba got caa."

That's why I no longer sell outside of N. America. >>

Makes me laugh when I read this the way it is written...
  • Options
    1960toppsguy1960toppsguy Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    Born in the USA
  • Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    I would look in the mirror if i sent anything that was $750 that wasnt sent with tracking and insured
  • Options

<< <i>I would look in the mirror if i sent anything that was $750 that wasnt sent with tracking and insured >>

Learned my lesson...you don't have to be a dick with your comment...
  • Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Just sayin its cause of dishonest people like that...that you have to do those things..so not being rude..just the truth
  • Options
    Ok...sorry for my outburst, but I know I made a mistake and am hoping to get it resolved...

I lost the PayPal case, but I have PayPal's fraud team checking into it before I file my appeal. He does this a lot and even goes to the extent of sending a message through eBay asking to send the cards with cheaper shipping so that he doesn't have to pay customs fees. What upsets me is that it took me five minutes to figure the guy is a scammer and it is taking PayPal weeks. i told them that it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to figure this out...
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    "What upsets me is that it took me five minutes to figure the guy is a scammer and it is taking PayPal weeks. i told them that it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to figure this out..."

What should upset you is you because Ebay and Paypal did nothing to cause this issue and they should do nothing to help you. Paypal has seller protection guidelines and rules which you chose to ignore on a very high risk shipment. You didn't put a minute of thought into how to protect yourself when sending a $750 shipment to China, and now you're upset that Paypal won't help you. It's not that Paypal can't figure this out, they just can't do anything for you when you completely dropped the ball on shipping in a safe, secure, Paypal approved method.
  • Options
    I ship outside the country and have never had a problem... Maybe I'm the lucky few, I sent a $300 Jim Brown RC to UK no tracking and got lucky the guy left me feedback in like 4-5 days.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Sorry dude, think you need to get over it, the sooner the better. Scum is all over the world just waiting to pounce. It's always easier to scam than it is to try and clear up the problem. I guess an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. I just won my $550 back in a paypal case and have decided to only buy cases locally. And like one of the previous commenters, the state with the most ripoff attempts (3, yes 3) have been from Jersey, just saying...
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options

<< <i>"What upsets me is that it took me five minutes to figure the guy is a scammer and it is taking PayPal weeks. i told them that it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to figure this out..."

What should upset you is you because Ebay and Paypal did nothing to cause this issue and they should do nothing to help you. Paypal has seller protection guidelines and rules which you chose to ignore on a very high risk shipment. You didn't put a minute of thought into how to protect yourself when sending a $750 shipment to China, and now you're upset that Paypal won't help you. It's not that Paypal can't figure this out, they just can't do anything for you when you completely dropped the ball on shipping in a safe, secure, Paypal approved method. >>

If he is abusing the policy, they WILL do something about it. The fraud team's investigation is still looking into it and I know it is my fault, but if they can see that he is abusing the Buyer Protection Policy, they will ban him and I will get the money back...