Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Friday night box rip - 2011-12 Upper Deck Series 1

Yes I know, this isn't an awesome vintage rip like most of you guys do, or a high end modern product, but I have a terrible addiction to UD hockey. I picked this up at my local hobby shop yesterday for $75 which seems to be about the best price I could find as most online stores range from $77-$83.

I was very pleased with this box. I pulled 6 young guns , 4 UD Canvas (1 was a Young Guns Canvas), 2 common jersey cards, and a Kris Draper Signature Sensations Auto card...Oh yeah, one of the Young Guns was Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, so in 2 days I have ripped 26 packs of this and pulled the best rookie card twice. Now if I could just complete a damn base set I would be happy.

Comments

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice pick up and at a good price. image
  • Options
    Thanks, now I have to somehow convince them that they are about $20 too high on series 2 boxes, but since I am one of only a couple people that buy hockey from them they will probably end up sitting there until I finally cave in or they drop the price a little.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool! I bought a box last year. The very top pack had a Game Used Gretzky Jersey...so after that I really wasn't expecting(and didn't get) any of the "Hot" Young Guns! image I liked the retro throwbacks the best. Made me remember good ole 1990! image

Edited to add: I miss the Thrashers here in the A! imageimage Nice Pavelec though! image
  • Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Nice rip. You nailed it with that box!

I have ripped a lot of this stuff and still haven't pulled a RNH! Great effort this year from UD.

Robert
  • Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking cards. I enjoy modern box rips as well.