Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ebay/Photobucket Question

I use Photobucket to store my additional photos that I post on my Ebay auctions. Ebay gives you 1 free picture, but with Photobucket and a little HTML knowledge, you can add many more pictures for free in the Description field. My question is, if you use Photobucket or any other place to store your pictures, how long after the auction ends do you delete the pictures??
TIA
Harvey

Comments

• Options
    DuPapaDuPapa Posts: 495 ✭✭

I don't delete any.
  • Options
    OffMetalOffMetal Posts: 1,684
    I also do not delete my photos. I find it fun to go through and look at what I've sold in the past.

Ben
    -Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Options
    NewEnglandRaritiesNewEnglandRarities Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭
    Some people delete them right away, while others seem to keep them up until the auction disappears from the completed auctions list. I would say it is your own preference on when to remove them.
    New England Rarities...Dealer In Colonial Coinage and Americana
  • Options
    Do you ever worry about running out of whatever space Photobucket has given to you???
  • Options
    Do you ever worry about using up the space that Photobucket has given to you???
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I also do not delete my photos. I find it fun to go through and look at what I've sold in the past.

Ben >>

yup i enjoy this also

i purge the images from my hosting account at then end of each year and label the folder what years images it contains

takes 5-10 minutes to transfer from server via filezilla to my pc

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    OffMetalOffMetal Posts: 1,684

<< <i>Do you ever worry about using up the space that Photobucket has given to you??? >>

No, Photobucket has lifted the space restriction. You can now host unlimited photos and up to 500 videos. The bandwidth restriction is still in place, but if no one views your photos outside of Photobucket, it doesn't count towards your bandwidth use.

Ben
    -Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Options
    Thanks Offmetal...

You answered my question. I'll leave my pics up and not worry about running out of space....

Thanks Again...
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ebay gives you 1 free picture...
    Harvey >>

Actually eBay gives you up to 12 free pix now; at least that's what they allow me, and I'm a very low-volume, intermittent, seller.
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    When something sells, as part of my initial communication to the buyer thanking them for their Paypal payment, I also advise that if they want the auction photos they should save them since I delete the photos after shipping the coin. Once a week, I sit down with my shipping notices and go through Paypal deleting photos of sold coins. If you sell any volume you have to have some sort of system. I've also considered creating a 'Sold Coins' album in Photobucket and just moving photos of the sold coins to this album. I'm not doing this 100% yet, but I'm moving towards this direction. If I ever hit a free limit, the 'sold coins' album would be the first thing I would delete to free up space.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Never. Too much trouble. Soon as you accidentally delete one that is still up, you'll be creating headaches. However, I think I will go through and delete pictures over say 3 yrs old soon. If you're wanting to delete and wondering how long to leave them, I'd say 2 weeks since that is how long the ebay auction stays up. --Jerry
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no rush,, plenty of free storage on photobucket. I go in about every six months and delete very old stuff.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file