Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Lou Brock

My wife just called me and she is participating on a panel discussion with Lou Brock on May 8th and asked me to come.
I am not an autograph collector, but if anyone is specifically a Lou Brock collector, I'll grab you an autograph.
I can't sit there and have him sign 10 balls, but I'll help out a loyal Lou Brock follower.

Comments

• +1

I'm not a Brock collector, but that's mighty nice of you to do for someone!

• Thanks. Hard to word it, but was not looking for all the auto collectors. Being from Philly, I'm a Schmidt junkie and I know there is a Brock junkie out there.
    My wife will be spending a couple of hours with him so even if I don't get quality time with him, she will. I know I'll hear chirps about how that last sentence
    is worded.

• Oooooh Quality time!

Just kidding lol, yeah there definitely has to be a Brock collector on the forums.
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oooooh Quality time!

Just kidding lol, yeah there definitely has to be a Brock collector on the forums. >>

Somebody's gotta have a Brockabrella they can have signed!

When I was a kid, Lou came to the local Sears store selling those things and I was able to get an autograph. There was hardly a line - this was the Detroit area not St Louis - but it was neat to get it. I'm sure I still have it somewhere.

For those not familiar with it, the Brockabrella was a small umbrella you wore on your head. Can hardly imagine why that idea bombed.

Tabe
  • My wife filled me in with the rest of the story. As a public service, Mr Brock speaks to raise awareness of diabetes, which
    he now battles. For those in the Philly area, it will be open to the public, and will be help somewhere at Lankenau hospital.
    Evidently, he does quite a bit of charity work for the cause.

GOOD FOR HIM !!! Nice to see "famous/well known" people volunteer time towards a good cause.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Oooooh Quality time!

Just kidding lol, yeah there definitely has to be a Brock collector on the forums. >>

Somebody's gotta have a Brockabrella they can have signed!

When I was a kid, Lou came to the local Sears store selling those things and I was able to get an autograph. There was hardly a line - this was the Detroit area not St Louis - but it was neat to get it. I'm sure I still have it somewhere.

For those not familiar with it, the Brockabrella was a small umbrella you wore on your head. Can hardly imagine why that idea bombed.

Tabe >>

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    IIRC one of the ballplayers is wearing it on his head in a card from Donruss or Fleer from the early 80s.

FOUND IT. Guess it was not Brock's, but a takeoff.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend is a HUGE Brock and Cardinals fan. Not sure why I'm even friends with him since I'm a Cubs fan, but I know he has a warm up jacket that needs an auto and I don't know if that is something that could be done or not, but if so, please let me know.

Thanks for the offer!

Tim
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com