Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Squirrel

Hey Quick Question about the 2012 Skip Schumaker Squirrel card . Noticed one sold on ebay for 600 but avg sale/asking price is around 175. Curious if it would be worth getting graded for future sales and holding or if I should just sale or trade it as is I have 2 now and gonna get rid of one for trade or sale any insight on it is appreciative and look forward to hearing from ya'll . Thanks in advance. Eddie
stay above or get found below.

Comments

• Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    Now is the time to cash in, demand will never be higher.
    These fads die quick, mainly due to the next fad or gimmick released.
    Do you honestly believe this card has an appreciative future?? When has the last gimmick card ever retained its peak value? Are you going to even remember this card in 10 years?
    Think of it this way-- Now, would you rather have a squirrel card, $175, or $175 in star player vintage cards? In 10 years, what would your answer be?

Good luck with your decision.
  • Options
    Yeah i was thinking since I had 2 of them that one would be sold or traded for around 100 I try to be fair and if it does go up I have a back up so wont be losing much in the long run since I only paid $2.13 for the pack .
  • Options
    Oh well I see them going for as low as $70 on ebay so Guess I will drop my trade sale down to $50 to keep up with the demand
  • Options
    How would anyone ever think modern junk should be used for holdings of any sort is beyond me. Every season the same thing happens, cards release, sell for a premium for about 1-2 days, then the premium drops off over the next month (and rapidly)... Happens every season, I've personally kept track of 3 and it's ALL the same.
  • Options
    Was there a short print run of this card? Isn't it being manufactured at the same rate as all other 2012 Topps cards? Aside from a little extra interest, similar to what the card of a star player or future HOFer would receive, why is this card selling for so much money?
  • Options
    So Sean you think I should Just toss this one in a Box and keep it for a memory ? Im new to the collecting Of cards Coins was my intrest Till I was robbed. So tryin the card thing . All insight is very much welcome and appreciated.

Eddie

just found this link about the card Schumaker is not happy about the Card.

http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/01/30/12/Cards-outfielder-calls-Rally-Squirrel-ca/landing_stlcardinals.html?blockID=656214&feedID=3794
  • Options
    Place the squirrel card next to your Gregg Jefferies and Jeremy Lin cards.
    They will all be worthless in about ten years.
  • Options
    If you want to collect modern I have no problem with that there is great cards and you can get full sets for pretty cheap.

I just wouldn't suggest it as any sort of investment. Such as this squirrel card, as you mentioned one sold for $600, now they are more like $75... That 600 was probably the first couple days it was out, then it just dropped. Happens with whoever the top draft pick is and as well as the SP's.

I don't think they will be worthless like PM, but they will NOT hold their value.

Collect to collect don't collect as investment or for $.
  • Options
    Ive been tryin to find a Fair priced Place to Start buying the older wax packs but im on a fixed budget since getting out the military that most places i can find are out of the range Im comfortable with. Any places other then ebay you know of That is reasonable? I collect what I can afford.
  • Options
    If you are looking for authentic wax packs and on a budget, if they really aren't your priority I would steer far clear. Being unopened adds WAY too much of a premium than I'm ever comfortable paying, a card that might typically be a $20 card in a psa 8, could have a wax pack with a card that obviously wouldn't be gem and sell for $100's of dollars.

Simply put IMO wax packs are a waste of money if you are on a budget.

Do you like baseball or football? Vintage or modern? What you collect is up to you.
  • Options
    Im a vintage Baseball fan. The older style as well as the ones other people used to place to the side for trade the "unwanteds" anything before 70's is a big thing for me have a few that I need to send off and get graded . Just love the excitement of opening a pack and seeing something there its a treasure hunt for me either way it goes.
  • Options
    MinorLeaguerMinorLeaguer Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    Was that the FF, scratched out, or full monty squirrell version? I hear he's got a famous brother too.

Might be worth more than an insert Santa hologram someday?

What will be worth more in 10 years: 1989T Greg Jeffries or Squirrell card? Winner gets a 1990 Fleer Kevin Maas RC!
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Sean is a warden of Craigslist, so don't pay attention to him. He's too busy searching through attics and 1986 Topps baseball. IMO.... SELL!!!!!!!

Right now, like 5 minutes ago!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    Excuse me? Im pretty sure i said this junk wont hold its value
  • Options

<< <i>Excuse me? Im pretty sure i said this junk wont hold its value >>

You did, with all this Mega Millions talk it feels like a holiday... JK
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reasons stated above is EXACTLY why I am waiting for a few months to get mine for my Cardinals team set. I guarantee you that by the end of the year I will be able to get one for $20 or less. And if not, I will wait until they drop to that price if I have to wait a year or two.

Shane

• Options
    Well since there is so many ideas on it and I dont know much about cards still learning if anyone is intrested in it let me know I will ship it to you and if you wanna send something back for trade you decide what goes out to me in return. will be fun to see what happens.
  • Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    Heck, I'm a Cardinals fan and I was just gonna wait til the price dive bombed to get the card but if you want to send it to me then I will send you something back as long as you dont whine after the fact that what I sent wasnt good enough imageimageimage Dean
  • Options
    Ok card is held for Dean. As soon as I get an address thanks for all the insite folks .,
  • Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    I got your private message but I can't reply to you because yours are not tuned on. You need to go into your account settings and enable private messages. Dean
  • Options
    Sorry about that thought they were on . Its on now.