Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Just interested...how many of your eBay buyers leave you feedback?

To those of you who sell on eBay...what percentage of your buyers leave you feedback? I am curious because I 1) send a note with each purchase thanking the buyer and asking that they leave feedback, and 2) after a buyer pays, I always leave feedback for each and every one. I would estimate that 50-60% of the buyers actually reciprocate and leave feedback for me, the seller. I used to wait a period of time after I shipped out the card(s) to see if the buyer was satisfied, etc. but now I just pretty much post positive feedback a day or two after the purchase. I always post feedback to sellers whom I buy from also.

Any suggestions for raising the percentage? It isn't that I am worried about responses as I have over 4,000 feedbacks, all positive. But I would like to find a way to get a higher percentage of buyers to leave me feedback. Thanks for your input.

Comments

• gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭
    6,429 Feedback received
    7,442 Feedback left

86.4% left me feeback

I don't do anything to request FB, not worth my time, note, etc.

I leave FB for my buyers as soon as I get the item packed up, and enter the tracking # too. If they leave it upon receiving the item, fine, if not, I don't really care.

When I buy, probably about 20% of my activity, same thing. I leave it upon getting the item and don't worry if I don't get it as a buyer. Just too much else to have to deal with in life to worry about it, you can't change other people actions anyway.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Rich, i did a quick study of just the earlier part of this month and i'm at around 70 to 75% response.....i also feedback right after payment, but i don't expect buyers to automatically post theirs when they get the goods.....

some folks just wait and do a bunch at once, like at the end of the month or a chosen date, others just don't consider it necessary, which if they were choosing between a neg or nothing, nothing is fine with me. image

i don't include a note. if they buyer is satisfied and leaves a positive, it's an extension of what we both know should already have happened.

let your work and your products do the talking. i'm sure there are plenty of people around who feel that you are an excellent representative of the system, whether they say so or not.
  • I make sure that I leave FB for sellers with under 500. They are trying to build it and I don't want to short them.
    For sellers like 4SC, my feedback would add 0.0001% so I skip it.
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    I leave feedback one way or another 99% of the time (as both a buyer & seller)

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I used to leave FB immediately after receiving the item. Somewhere along the way I stopped doing that, probably about the time when feedback became irrelevant. Now I leave it whenever I happen to think of it. Now that I've said that, I'm thinking of it... but I'm too lazy right now.
  • As a seller, I leave feedback when I get payment. The buyer does his part and I reward him for it.

As a buyer, I leave FB when I get the product and I'm honest in the grading of each criteria, i.e. If you're charging over $3 for a single card, I'm not giving you 5 stars...

• cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    There is a lot of 'Feedback withdrawal' out there. I buy a good amount of cards from set breaks and I may end up with 40 cards at $1 to $2 each. I do go through and leave positive feedback since it serves as a sort of checklist but I simply do not have the time to start completing the 'star' process. I would quit card collecting if this was required. - Kevin
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i'm with Georgie on this one.

i occasionally get so lazy that i simply forget who i'm talking to.
  • sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    eBay needs to implement this; sellers receive a generic positive, 5-stars across the board feedback if the buyer fails to leave feedback within the set time-frame. This way, everyone gets their feedbacks. How can they have all these programs like "Top Rated Seller" based on feedback when buyers don't even have to leave feedback? I'm probably close to only 50% at receiving feedback. That's ridiculous and I could really use them.
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not want any more feedback. All it can do is hurt my DSRs and take away my discount.
    Mike
  • I'm at 55%~ leaving me feedback.

I NEVER leave feedback for others unless purchasing though. I'm sure that number would be a good 20-30% higher if I left feedback.

If someone requests it though I am happy to leave feedback.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I probably get 50% to 60% people that buy from me feedback.I am not a big time seller however I feedback all my buyers.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • As a buyer, I leave either a glowing 5-star feedback or nothing. If I'm truly dissatisfied, I'd ask to return the item for a refund. In these cases, if the seller immediately issues a refund and tells me I can keep the item, I leave a glowing 5-star feedback for that transaction. Otherwise, I typically don't leave any feedback, but these instances are rare, since I hardly ever ask to return an item. I haven't had to leave a neutral or negative in years.

As a seller, I used to post positive feedback for the buyer as soon as I received payment. Now I wait until they leave feedback for me, and I check to see if they dinged my stars. It doesn't really matter financially, because I haven't sold enough in the past year to get a 20% discount, so it's purely an ego thing. If they ding my stars (even just one 4 and three 5s) they don't get any positive feedback from me and get blocked. The ones who give me 5s across the board get a glowing comment.

ETA: The ones who get blocked are the ones who ding my stars without communicating to me first about an issue with the transaction, which is virtually all of the dingers.
  • I'm only a buyer, but I leave feedback for every purchase
    *Need 2001 Brees Playoff contenders auto*

Drew Brees RC 65/66 (98.4%)
    2001 Brees 120/358 (33.5%)