Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1981 Montana AUTO BGS 9 Crossover to PSA 9? Update: Relisted on Ebay

Got what I thought was a pretty good deal on this, but I would like to get it in a PSA 9 holder, which is currently a Pop 2 Autoed in that grade...If it doesn't cross I'd have to resell it, as I have little use for it in this holder...So what say you? Have a chance or no? Sorry scanner isn't the greatest...

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    9 sub for centering is generous cos it's hideous IMO.
    I don't think it will cross to a straight 9
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Looks like l/r is eneough to draw your eye to the card first thing,I also cant believe the gave auto a 10.
    I do love the card and auto,just not in a 9 case.If it doesnt cross and you decide to sell,keep me in mind.

J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like l/r is eneough to draw your eye to the card first thing,I also cant believe the gave auto a 10.
    I do love the card and auto,just not in a 9 case.If it doesnt cross and you decide to sell,keep me in mind. >>

Auto grades are not quality of the penmanship. Its quality of the ink transfer.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    I think the centering would hold it back from a 9. Maybe 8.5, but I don't think a 9 is likely.
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Looks like l/r is eneough to draw your eye to the card first thing,I also cant believe the gave auto a 10.
    I do love the card and auto,just not in a 9 case.If it doesnt cross and you decide to sell,keep me in mind. >>

Auto grades are not quality of the penmanship. Its quality of the ink transfer. >>

Ah did not know that,learn something new everyday.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would be stupid to crossover an autograph grade of 10. Currently you can't get both grades on a PSA holder only one or the other and in your case one without the other is a losing proposition. I will tell you that my oldest to PSA 10's came from BVG holders. I will buy it if you don't want it.
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you find out that it is a POP 2?
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    Jmhockey23Jmhockey23 Posts: 652 ✭✭
    I don't know, I would think that a PSA 9 Red Flip auto would be at least equal to this card even with the auto grade 10. I think autogrades are largely a joke, but sure they do influence the value. I do have an interest in promoting PSA graded auto rookies due to that is what I collect....I would consider offers if people are interested in it, but I don't want to make this seem like a BST thread, as that wasn't my intention. The pop report is in the same pop report as the original card is itself they just put psa/dna right below and keep track of those too, but only those that are psa/dna red flips...
  • Options
  • Options
    Got it back today! Going to be moving it as I don't really have a desire to have the highest graded Montana rookie auto. Looks so much better freed from the ugliness of the BGS holder.

• Options
    Nice one! I agree it looks much better in the PSA holder.

I wonder what the Gretzky's will get.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I thought it presented very nicely in that BGS slab.

You downgraded protection to upgrade reputation.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    My dog was really excited about it too. He often sits by a window where he can monitor the neighborhood. Stereotypically he hates delivery people. Today while barking, he hit the screen on the window and it popped off....Scared the crap out of the fed ex guy and he ran back to his truck. Glad he didn't need me to sign this time...
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Got what I thought was a pretty good deal on this, but I would like to get it in a PSA 9 holder ... If it doesn't cross I'd have to resell it, as I have little use for it in this holder. >>

<< <i>Got it back today! Going to be moving it as I don't really have a desire to have the highest graded Montana rookie auto. Looks so much better freed from the ugliness of the BGS holder. >>

CONGRATS on the crossover! But I'm a little confused about the original post and today's post. I guess you changed your mind.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Got what I thought was a pretty good deal on this, but I would like to get it in a PSA 9 holder ... If it doesn't cross I'd have to resell it, as I have little use for it in this holder. >>

<< <i>Got it back today! Going to be moving it as I don't really have a desire to have the highest graded Montana rookie auto. Looks so much better freed from the ugliness of the BGS holder. >>

CONGRATS on the crossover! But I'm a little confused about the original post and today's post. I guess you changed your mind. >>

It wouldn't fit in with all my 1s, 2s, and 3s, in my set. lol
  • Options
    Pumped about the end price on this one!

Link
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pumped about the end price on this one!

Link >>

Very cool. Congrats on the sale! Love to see signed rookies doing well.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Justin congrats on the price and it doesn't hurt when you use Rick as your seller. image
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    people were loving that auction...loads of eyeballs....hammer price was solid...great idea to crossover...
    thanks Jmhockey23 !!
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭

<< <i>people were loving that auction...loads of eyeballs....hammer price was solid...great idea to crossover...
    thanks Jmhockey23 !! >>

I was high bidder at $450 in the last few minutes until some damn snippers took me out at the end!

Great job Justin & Rick. Congrats
    Hook'em
  • Options
    back on the block, great chance for those missed out the first time:

new montana auction
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Wow!! What happened?? Non-paying bidder?? Or was it like the commercial at the art auction where the winning bidder wanted to immediately put the item back up for auction?
  • Options
    yes, it was a non payer, so we relisted....
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    I put my bid back up. I HIGHLY doubt I win it but sometimes a squirrel finds a nut!
    Hook'em