Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about 1967 Topps Who Am I? Re-Issue Mantle PSA Label

Poppage says: 1967 TOPPS WHO AM I? RE-ISSUE 22 MICKEY MANTLE WITH CAPTION... That was a scratched off Mantle card and the grade popped says re-issue. Anyone know why it says that?

Thanks, Mark

Comments

• Options
    A little Googling says "The set was also re-issued without the disguise coating."
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    You should be able to find more info here

Topps archives

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Ah ok..thanks. I thought the 2 cards i sent in were scratched off but will have to wait till i get them back to know if PSA is right or wrong. I know the ones without the coating don't have writing in the circle on the back so I will compare to a coated Mantle I have. I checked google too but thanks so much for finding the info for me.

Thanks again, Mark
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    I just saw a PSA re-issue label and the coating is on there. I may have to call PSA and find out
  • Options
    The PSA card with the coating may have been the one mislabeled. Do report back when you get this sorted out.

What does the 'with caption' refer to on the re-issue? The only difference I can tell between them besides the coating is whether or not the Instructions are there on the back. With coating and instructions = first issue. Without coating nor instructions = re-issue.