Home Sports Talk
Options

RIP Bert Sugar

Bert Sugar passed away today at the age of 75. For anyone that has enjoyed boxing over the past fifty years, Sugar was an icon. He was the sport's greatest historian. This was a big blow to a sport that needs all the help it can get.
Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    RIP Mr. Sugar.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    He also wrote The Sports Collectors Bible, the first(?) sports card price guide.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    He was a joy to listen to.He was pretty knowledgable of other sports also.He will be missed.

RIP Bert.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)