Home Sports Talk
Options

Playing with a full deck of cards

Happy 52nd birthday Marcus Allen.

Comments

• Options
    52 years ago Wilt scored 100 points in a game.
  • Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

<< <i>52 years ago Wilt scored 100 points in a game. >>

This is a conversation that my 16-year-old daughter had in one of her classes at the end of a period regarding "The Big Dipper."

At the end of her school period, some of the boys starting talking about basketball and brought forth the subject as to the player to which they would start a team: Michael Jordan, LeBron James, or Kobe Bryant. While all of the boys were arguing between the three, My daughter uttered in a bit of a raised voice said "WILT CHAMBERLAIN." She spent a solid minute justifying her choice, and during the entire time you could hear a pin drop. Shortly thereafter, one of the other boys says “I bet ‘Superman’ (Houston Rockets center Dwight Howard) could have handled him easily.” She just shook her head, looked at the boy while uttering “yeah right” in a sarcastic tone!

Shortly after school, her teacher called me and stated that he and the rest of the class burst out into laughter, all while telling the boy that he “was toasted.”

During her freshmen year, she wrote an entire paper on Wilt's 100-point game, and she became enamored in his amazing feats of strength, etc. She is 4'11", and not a huge basketball fan, but knows enough after studying archival footage and chatting with me, along with listening to several interviews with Bill Russell to know what he was all about.

Sorry, just had to brag about my kid - although I wish she would wake up before noon on a weekend!
  • Options
    Michael Jordan is now playing with a full deck.
  • Options
    Happy Full Deck of Cards, Charles Barkley!