Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Took 2.5 Years... Tiger back in the winner's circle on tour!!

IMO golf is just a better sport when Tiger is in contention. His gap of 2.5 years certainly did allow many new faces to emerge into the sport. Should be a really, really spectacular Masters.

Also, anyone that bought Tiger's RC's and Auto's, etc a few years ago, should be very happy. His cards have maintained a bit, but certainly have risen this year, and should only continue to move upward.

Miconelegacy Auctions
"Live everyday, don't throw it away"

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see Lefty trounce him in the last round .... or better yet win on a circus shot!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    He's not a nice guy at all. I don't root against him because I'm someone that doesn't root for greatness. I've met him at tournaments at least 7-8 times and he was rude and unfriendly each time (to everyone). Compare that to 98/100 golfers who are the some of the world's best people to meet in person and he can't play bad enough to satisfy me.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a big night at Hooters tonight!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Tiger back in the winner's circle on tour!! >>

I heard he was having a little "putter" trouble. image
    Mike
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>IMO golf is just a better sport when Tiger is in contention. >>

100% agree. I'm just a casual golf fan that will tune in occasionally to watch the tournaments. I despise when some of the other guys win a Major when they may never win another or maybe one other their entire career. That's a wasted viewing moment for me. I like to watch greatness, and I like to see Tiger dominate. So sick of reading all the tripe online with Rory this, Rory that, etc. I hope Tiger has 10 years left of absolutely kicking Rory's rear, LOL.

Way to go Tiger! I hope you can stay healthy and continue to dominate those putzes, LOL.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiger is a terriffic golfer. It is enjoyable to see him in action when it comes down to crunch time. Tiger is a miserable failure as a human being. I wish Tim Tebow would take up golf and kick his butt.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Golf needs him to be good if you ask me. If Rory or another young player can gain the following Tiger has/had, then golf without Tiger will be entertaining for the masses. With him playing well, however, purses are bigger, ratings skyrocket, and everyone's wallets get heavier.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Tiger is a miserable failure as a human being. I wish Tim Tebow would take up golf and kick his butt. >>

+1
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    I just enjoy Lefty when he goes for it and leaves himself impossible shots to try.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Screw Tiger!!
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    Ya might have to get in line for that. That's how Tiger got in trouble in the first place. lol
    MARK AGGSON
    Collecting Pete Rose Cello Packs
    Pete Rose Master set ranking #4(Retired)
  • Options

<< <i>Ya might have to get in line for that. That's how Tiger got in trouble in the first place. lol >>

LOL!

I don't agree with his off course performance one bit.

But the facts are the facts. He changed golf forever. Since he stopped winning, last year there where and estimated 1,000,000 golfers that where lost in the sport.

On the course I route for him always. His dominence is that of a Michael Jordan. Greatness on the course and off is quite different, I agree with that. Is he the best complete player on the course in the last 2.5 decades? Yes. Is he the best off course player? No.

Whether his morals have been perfect or not, he brings out new players to the course with everyone top finish and win. Golf needs that. As the likes of Rory, Rose, Bradley, etc emerge, Tiger will dominate for another 10 years at least, then others will take over. But until then I will continue to enjoy one of the greatest golfers ever.

Bottom line for me, is when Tiger is winning I enjoy the sport that much more!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    The fact that this much debate (both loving and hating) Tiger is going on tells you everything you need to know.

Golf is much more interesting and gets people talking when he is on leaderboards.
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    I thought the cover of the Post was funny yet not surprised they did this. I mean we all thought it........right?

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Well, it looks like Tiger's return to play with the new big boys in golf, didnt go out with a roar. Personally, I know there is absolutely no question that his influence on the sport has probably exceeded all those that came before him. However, his runaway arrogance on the course as well as in other aspects of his life, makes his fall from grace very welcome to me. I hope that he continues to golf for many years as he keeps interest in the sport. That being said, I hope there is always a Rory, Louis, Peter or Phil that keeps snatching that 15th major from his hands.
  • Options
    imo golf does not NEED him, who saw the double eagle today??
  • Options
    Him kicking the club yesterday was just pathetic. Like a big baby. Plus every other word was GD. Not so good at all. Golf doesn't need that....

The double Eagle was just incredible. Just the fourth ever. Very cool he threw that ball to a fan!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    ABT!!! Anybody but Tiger!!!
    PackManInNC