Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Reputable coin dealers in Portland, Or?

Can anyone point me to a reputable dealer in Portland?

Comments

• Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    Steve Estes is certainly a reputable dealer in Portland, Oregon. Although his inventory of half dimes typically leaves something to be desired, his eye for quality in other series, and for the occasional half dime, is quite good. Over the years I have purchased a few very nice coins from Steve Estes, and always look him up at shows.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

I don't know what you are looking for but, if you are looking for old gold, Doug Winter is very reputable.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    Bradley's Coin at 1939 NE Broadway, located close to Lloyd's Center. Division Street Coin at 16016 SE Division St. These are both one man operations.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Art McBride and Steve Estes are both good dealers.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    I would check out PCGS's and NGC's list of authorized dealers.
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Columbia Coin downtown

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    PistareenPistareen Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    I would also vouch for Steve Estes and Doug Winter. Both are knowledgeable and easy to work with.

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Art McBride and Steve Estes are both good dealers. >>

I'll second that! I've dealt with both of them for years and count them both as good friends.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    earlyAurumearlyAurum Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    earlyAurumearlyAurum Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug Winter
  • Options

<< <i>Columbia Coin downtown >>

They are now located on the eastside only at 5048 SE Hawthorne. Nice family run higher end place.
  • Options
    icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    any further update? I am in Portland for the next 2 day's.
    TIA!
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog
  • Options
    Division Street Coin has sold out, and I do not know anything about the new owner. Sorry.

Art McBride is quite a distance from Portland itself. He certainly is someone I would recommend highly.
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Columbia Coin downtown >>

They are now located on the eastside only at 5048 SE Hawthorne. Nice family run higher end place. >>

I agree.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file