Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Grade opinion please.......(Cdn.KGV50c)

Any and all opinions will be helpful.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)

Comments

• I'll take a stab, 64+
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll go with 64-65 as well.
  • WalterWalter Posts: 145 ✭✭
    I'd say 63, I suspect the photo is hiding a lot of surface marks in the obverse fields.
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd say 63, I suspect the photo is hiding a lot of surface marks in the obverse fields. >>

In-hand the coin actually looks less marked than the photos and there's much more lustre too.

It's going off to ICCS soon and I'm really expecting an ms65 grade (ms64 at least).

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks well struck- From the image and not having the chance to see the coin in hand, I am more concerned about the color and the originality of the surfaces. If the coins sails through that, its a 64 possibly 65

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>looks well struck- From the image and not having the chance to see the coin in hand, I am more concerned about the color and the originality of the surfaces. If the coins sails through that, its a 64 possibly 65 >>

I agree.

I'm not concerned about the coins' toning. To me, it's original or at the very least market acceptable.

Having said that, I'm very concerned PCGS would bodybag it for 'artificial toning', but I'm positive ICCS would not and that's why it's going to ICCS.