Home Precious Metals
Options

Provident and bill pay

I ordered a 10 gram gold bar and a 10 ounce silver bar on the 19th from Provident and used bill pay from Sun Trust. Provident still shows as my order as awaiting payment. Anyone ever use bill pay and is this normal?
I used bill pay to get the cash price.

Jim

Comments

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I used Bill Pay few times with them. They receive the check (and you should find a note in your order), then wait 6 to 10 business days and ship your order. In my experience, it usually takes 18 calendar days from the day I placed the order (and instructed my bank to send the check) to the day I receive the package.
    Hope this answers your question.
    MM
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    JimDepotJimDepot Posts: 957 ✭✭
    Thanks, just paranoid that they would cancel my order with a 5% restocking fee.

3 weeks delivery is fine, holding for years not weeks. image

• Options

Got them today. Ordered some new JM bars also, should see them in about a month.

Good thing I am in for the long run. image

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

It's the only con of using BillPay (or a check)...you have too wait too long! image

How's the dragon bar looking like on hand? Is there a hallmark or the name of the refinery?
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options

<< <i>image

It's the only con of using BillPay (or a check)...you have too wait too long! image

How's the dragon bar looking like on hand? Is there a hallmark or the name of the refinery? >>

Looks pretty good, nothing shows the refinery that I can see.

Kinda rough aroud the edges, but it is "only" a bullion bar. image