Home Precious Metals
Options

Where does gold go till December 2012???

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone??

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    up and down?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    up

being an election year, the pumps will get primed, so the economy will appear fine until somewhere around Nov. 30th. Gold will benefit from the liquidity, mostly from June through October & into November.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    down
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    up down up down up up down up up down up
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the prior posts but gold price are also affected by world events. Will the U.S. and Israel take out the nuclear facilities in Iran and what will happen afterwards? Gulf of Hormuz closed? Oil prices sky rocketing?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    When we have seen stocks weaken previously, seems that gold bugs (of the paper variety) bail to cover their margin calls or increase their liquidity so they can grab distressed symbols and the gold market gets very soft. So, if there is just weakness in the stock market then I would anticipate that the paper boys will drop the price of gold with their antics...JMHO, I'm not a wiz like some here, just an observer.

Some folks here talk about the weakness of the dollar, the gimmicked computer flash market trades, the fact that our gdp is lower than our national debt and we are paying interest out the yingyang eventhough we are taxing everything that moves. That topic seems to me to be the second stage of a stock market collapse, when the multi acronymed agencies can't keep the balls in the air any longer and the media can't pander their blue sky recovery BS to a populace that is watching the balls as they fall from the jugglers hands.

The trend of expatriating corporate cash to more tax friendly countries is not going to stop as long as corporations want to keep making a profit for stockholders and this may be the saving grace of the stock market...keeping the gov fingers outta yo pie so the companies can stay profitable. That is a whole different gold market scenario in which I believe that gold will actually be the last refuge of liquidity but that begs the question...who is going to give you cash for it and is the gov going to tax the bejezus out of any transaction? To answer my own question, I don't think too many folks will give you cash for gold as there just won't be any cash to give and yes, the gov will try and tax gold transactions into oblivion.

So, Where does gold go till December 2012...depends on how long they can keep the balls in the air.
  • Options
    I will give the sa,e answer I give to clients who ask what rates will do. I can say with 100% certainty they will go up, come down or stay the same!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the worlds coming to an end in november, dont worry about it image
  • Options
    michiganboymichiganboy Posts: 1,246 ✭✭
    I thinking down and then down some more, then up if Israel bombs Iran, but other wise down some more.
    Positive BST transactions:michaeldixon,nibanny,
    type2,CCHunter.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the left, to the left !!!
    Timbuk3