Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

One registry, two sets?

Is there a way to register twice for the same set? If so, how?

Comments

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    if I understand your question right, sure, why not? I've got a complete set of PSA 9 1978 Dodgers and have started a PSA 10 set (go ahead and laugh, Big Guns)
  • Options
    Yeah, but you just can't use the same card in two sets.
    Any team on any given Sunday, can beat any other team...unless they were playing the Miami Dolphins in 1972.
  • Options

<< <i>if I understand your question right, sure, why not? I've got a complete set of PSA 9 1978 Dodgers and have started a PSA 10 set (go ahead and laugh, Big Guns) >>

imageimage
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, but you just can't use the same card in two sets. >>

In theory you can.
    Say you have a 1964 Topps set registered complete w/ a PSA-8 Mantle.
    You can also register that same Mantle for a '64 Yankees team set,
    the Mantle registry set, the 500 Home Run set and so on.
  • Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    qualitycards is correct. That's one thing I don't like about the Registry. One card can be part of many. many sets.
  • Options
    DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭
    Yes, you can have has many sets as you want for a particular registry set, but can only use each card once. For an example, check out 1959 Fleer Stooges set. The #1 guy has the top 12 sets.

You can add additional sets in the same place (My Set Registry - Add New Set). If you have lots of sets available, the easiest thing to do is sort the list on "Existing Sets". This will bring all those you already have to the top. Click on "View Composite" and hit "Start this set". You will then have a second set started, showing the cards that are available to add.
  • Options
    DerekD - Good points on the 'Existing Sets' sort. I have done that before and it works well. Here's the link to the set you note. Interesting. - Kevin

Link - 1959 Fleer Three Stooges Sets
  • Options
    jwgatorsjwgators Posts: 460 ✭✭

<< <i>DerekD - Good points on the 'Existing Sets' sort. I have done that before and it works well. Here's the link to the set you note. Interesting. - Kevin

Link - 1959 Fleer Three Stooges Sets >>

I know sports card collectors are generally a little obsessive compulsive, but dang that is crazy!
    Joel
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    That's a NON-sports card obsession there. Neil has the fever too.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    Wow. I think we know what that gentleman's all time favorite set is. That is pretty cool actually. I do wonder if he were not in the game if the Stooges cards would be as high priced.
  • Options
    I think SMR did an article on him within the last few years. I think he acknowledged that he was single-handedly (sp?) making the market in Stooges cards.
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think SMR did an article on him within the last few years. I think he acknowledged that he was single-handedly (sp?) making the market in Stooges cards. >>

I missed that article. Sounds like an interesting read!