Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

WTB Canadian nickels from 1955 to 1981.

Howdy all! I am looking for 125 rolls of Canadian nickels dated from 1955 to 1981. I would pay $500 delivered. I would like to buy them today if possible. Thanks.
Always buying... and buying... and buying... and buying... etc... and etc... and etc... and etc.

Comments

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ???

I get the dates, but I don't get the number of rolls.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>???

I get the dates, but I don't get the number of rolls. >>

$250 face value, I have a whole bunch of them but not that many.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    It's a nice round number. I calculated there are 100 nickels in a pound. (4.54 grams per nickel. 4.54 grams times 100 nickels is 454 grams or about 1 pound. 50 pounds is about 5000 nickels or about 125 rolls. I hope my math is correct??? If I did the math wrong, let me know image I would be looking for less than that amount too. Thanks.
    Always buying... and buying... and buying... and buying... etc... and etc... and etc... and etc.
  • Options
    olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    So what are you going to do with 50 pounds of canadian nickles??
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    That does sound kinda funny when you think of it as 50 pounds worth image It doesn't sound as bad when you think of it as 125 rolls or only $250 worth. I'm going to store them away for a rainy day.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So what are you going to do with 50 pounds of canadian nickles?? >>

I myself save them from circulation as they are pure nickel. In 1982 the RCM switched over to a similar 75% copper, 25% nickel like the USA nickel which is why they are more likely to be accepted in USA vending machines. From roll searches I regularly find Canadian 5c coins dated as far back as the late 1930's mixed in with USA nickels. The RCM is actively removing them from circulation in Canada when they come through coin processing centres and subsequently melting them for their nickel content.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

<< <i>Howdy all! I am looking for 125 rolls of Canadian nickels dated from 1955 to 1981. I would pay $500 delivered. I would like to buy them today if possible. Thanks. >>

Where are you located and how do you intend to pay?
    ---
    Does the offer of $500 include receipted delivery or do you offer additional money for shipping?
    ----
    Must it be exactly the amount of nickels you mention or is it a plus or minus sort of thing? I mean, would 40 pounds work for a proportionately smaller dollar amount? Or 60 pounds?
    ----
    Need it be Canadian .999 nickel or any other combo of .999 that weighs same?
    ----
    Why today? Because of the price of nickel at the moment or because you gotta have'em and quick? Are you trying to lock in a price or accept emergency delivery?

Many, many perfect transactions with other members. Ask please.
  • Options
    Howdy all! Let me make sure I get all the questions answered.

Question #1: Paypal gift or money order.
    Question #2: It includes delivery. Based on the spot price and that I currently get them delivered for about 10 cents each, the nickels would be about $428 and it would take 2 large (possibly 2 medium) flat rate USPS boxes at $20 each (includes signature confirmation) which leaves $32 for any unknown extras and gas money to the post office.
    Question #3: Doesn't have to be exactly 50 pounds. That is just a nice round number. A penny bag has 100 rolls in it and this is just a little more at 125 rolls. I figured that the larger the order, the more nickels that are there to offset the shipping costs.
    Question #4: Prefer the Canadain .999 nickels.
    Question #5: Just wanted them today because I sold some of my other collection and I guess it just doesn't feel right if I didn't replace it with something else. I just started to learn about Canadian coins and it is pretty fascinating. With Canada so close, I had no idea how much there was to learn about their currency. Plus I really like silver, copper, nickel and of course gold.

Next month, I will start learning about money from Mexico, so everyone get your centavos and pesos ready, I will be looking for some of those.
    Thanks to everyone on the board for letting me ramble on like this.