Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Difference between "Master Set" and "Basic & Collector Issues Set"?

What is the difference between a "Master Set" and a "Basic & Collector Issues Set"?
Successful transactions w/Comicgeek68, Statman, Scotgreb, Aupt, captainthreeputt, diamondman, Mickey71, slantycouch, Bkritz, BABERUTHJOEDIMAGGIO, craigger, Huggyface, and many others.

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks to me like "Basic" set consists of players regular issued cards, for the older players one per year. The "Master" set would include League Leader, Multi-Player and even Team cards as well as "oddball" issues like game cards, coins, stamps, etc.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    "Basic and Collector" sets can be kind of between those two poles, with stuff that really probably shouldn't be in a Basic set.
  • epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Basic Set = All base cards from a distinct list of qualifying sets (IE. Bowman, Topps, Donruss, Fleer, Upper Deck, etc.), the list is on the "Set Request" page and varies by sport

Basic & Collector Issues Set = All base cards... no inserts, parallels, etc.

Master Set = Every card every produced of the player, including inserts, parallels, etc.... additionally, can include any card they are prominently pictured on such as team cards, league leaders, etc. The only exception is extremely limited cards (IE, 1/1's), and I don't know if there is an exact cut off, but I believe the general rule of thumb is cards serial numbered to 25 or more
  • JasonM32JasonM32 Posts: 170 ✭✭
    I'm not a fan of the "Basic and Collector's Issue" sets. A lt of these that I have seen are a mess. I love the Basic sets and Rookie sets. The Master sets I reserve for my favorite older players. Trying to complete a Master set of a current player = suicide.

Bernie Kosar collector