Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Brent Krueger closed their doors?

Hadn't heard it mentioned here, but went to their website today to check on some prices and found out that as of Feb 29 they were no longer accepting orders.

Edited to add:

Was always very satisified with their services as well

Comments

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer ... I always had good luck with them.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered a massive amount of Capital Plastic multi-coin holders from them and they were aways $20 lower than most places. He will be missed.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Too bad, they were always my "go to" guys.
    Becky
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bummer ... I always had good luck with them. >>

Aye. And their prices were quite good.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    This was a real disappointment since I used them for everything!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats to bad, i picked up some great stuff from them as well. priced reasonable as well image
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if they had asked here first, they'd have realized there was a lot of business to be done.

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe if they had asked here first, they'd have realized there was a lot of business to be done. >>

You don't pay the rent on six sales.....
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe if they had asked here first, they'd have realized there was a lot of business to be done. >>

Asked what?
  • Options

<< <i>This was a real disappointment since I used them for everything! >>

same here. great prices, had what i need, fast shipping and took paypal. sorry to see it go. image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this. But I'm not too suprised. It is very tough to make decent money with supplies. My Dad did it for many years, going to shows almost every weekend and selling out of the house.
    The biggest problem is inventory. There is sooooo many different supplies that folks want that is impossible and impractical to stock it all. The percent margins can be decent but it takes a heck of a lot of plastic tubes to make a buck.
    To be honest, he did it because it needed to be done. Every coin show should have a supplies dealer.

And obviously business wasn't that great for B-K either. Shut down for over two weeks and no one was aware of it. That is very telling.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "My Dad did it for many years, going to shows almost every weekend and selling out of the house."

Would your dad be the "Big E" who I used to buy from in Upstate N.Y. ?

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    Never was able to do any business with this company. What can I say?
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shut down for over two weeks and no one was aware of it. That is very telling.

i received an order from Brent-Krueger within the past month to six weeks, but it's not like i kept tabs on what was going on over there. they had been running some close-outs on Intercept Shield products but gave no indication at the site that it was anything but business-as-usual.

i guess Wizard and some others will be the GoToGuys from now on.
  • Options
    Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"My Dad did it for many years, going to shows almost every weekend and selling out of the house."

Would your dad be the "Big E" who I used to buy from in Upstate N.Y. ? >>

That would be him! image
  • Options
    For Dansco or Air Tite , one might try vernon.coin on ebay , or vernoncoincenter.com as a web site .
    Lots of supplies , and Air Tite is sold by 1 , 5 , 10 , 25 , 50 , 100 , or 250 count lots .
    Home of quality widgets
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just learned of this today as I just got back the coin bug. Went to order some supplies and found B-K no longer in business.image

They always had the right stuff.
  • Options
    TURBOTURBO Posts: 494 ✭✭✭
    OK, SO, who is the next best??
  • Options
    PistareenPistareen Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    I have used JPs Corner and been happy with the prices and service. I plan on sending my next supply order to them too.
  • Options
    BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered my supplies from Brent Krueger, sorry to see them go.

• Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I ordered my supplies from Brent Krueger, sorry to see them go. >>

Me too. I used to live about 10 miles from the store and stopped in several times. Too bad...
  • Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where were these guys physically located?
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Where were these guys physically located? >>

W. Trenton, NJ
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sucks to see business go by the wayside.
    edit to add : Great post Mission 16. A good supply chain is imperative.
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have used JPs Corner and been happy with the prices and service. I plan on sending my next supply order to them too. >>

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I ordered my supplies from Brent Krueger, sorry to see them go. >>

Me too. I used to live about 10 miles from the store and stopped in several times. Too bad... >>

Darn it!!! I was just going to drive here today to get a bunch of stuff (we're the same 10 miles away)!!! Didn't realize they closed image

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's disappointing I'm sorry to see him go. I bought all my supplies from Wizard Coins.
    Lance.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    The business wasn't sold? Just closed? He was in business a long time yes?

When it's time, it's time image

Then: image and maybe a little image then image

If that's it, All the best to you Mr Krueger! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file