Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Are there any dealers that specialize in Barbers?

Are there any dealers that specialize in Barbers?

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few of us who are heavily involved in the series. Folks like myself, PonyExpress8 (Glenn Holsonbake) and David Lawrence Rare Coins immediately come to mind.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Glenn Holsonbake (Ponyexpress8) on this board is one of the ones I can think of if you're looking for nice collector pieces.
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides those listed, JJ Teaparty is also another source. And I have sold dozens of mid grade circ to AU Barber dimes, quarters, and halves to a number of members, including some of the dealers here on the forum.
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    JJteaparty keeps quite a few in stock but you have to be diligent about their quality, they aren't always sticklers for originality but still good honest dealers
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Good suggestions above. Grades matter. For AG to VG there are many dealers. In F to AU, the number of dealers, as the number of available nice coins, is far less. Mint state coins are available from many sources; for mint state also check out Harry Laibstain (hlrc.com), especially for halves.

I like JJTeaparty and I know they strive for the best quality, but these coins are really hard to find in middle grades. They do the best they can.
    Dr. Pete
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    MFH also deals in Barbers quite a bit
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have around 250 or so 1/2's(mostly PCGS) graded F-AU in stock...I'll be at table 310 in Baltimore! I gave Arnie Heller and Mike Hayes a case on my table this show so we should be the place to stop for barbers. I also have a fair amount of raw Barbers as well!
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davidlawrence (john feigenbaum) is the first one in my mind
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have around 250 or so 1/2's(mostly PCGS) graded F-AU in stock...I'll be at table 310 in Baltimore! I gave Arnie Heller and Mike Hayes a case on my table this show so we should be the place to stop for barbers. I also have a fair amount of raw Barbers as well! >>

Thanks, Darrell, once again. The Three Barberites will be at table # 310 at Baltimore.
    We're at AMWORLDCOINS ... please stop by - I think you'll be very pleased with the selection.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have around 250 or so 1/2's(mostly PCGS) graded F-AU in stock...I'll be at table 310 in Baltimore! I gave Arnie Heller and Mike Hayes a case on my table this show so we should be the place to stop for barbers. I also have a fair amount of raw Barbers as well! >>

Thanks, Darrell, once again. The Three Barberites will be at table # 310 at Baltimore.
    We're at AMWORLDCOINS ... please stop by - I think you'll be very pleased with the selection. >>

There should be enough Barbers that if the three of y'all stack all the slabs you won't need the table! imageimageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    I spent some time in the booth - wow I have never seen so many barbers including a few coins that once were in my registry set.- Glenn also has a very nice selection.
    Very Impressive guys!! See you tomorrow. Walt
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Glenn Holsonbake is a class act.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for Glenn Holsonbake. He's great to work with.

Harry Laibstain usually has a nice selection.
    What TomB has in his offerings are incredibly nice.
    MFH is great.

You know, for their supposed unpopularity, there are plenty of people here who seem to enjoy the series.
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also know a long time forum member with dozens of (mostly) raw better date Barber dimes, quarters, and halves
    in the middle and upper circ grades at reasonable prices. PM me for details.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    I have consigned over a hundred or so Barber Dimes, Quarters and Halves to Glenn Holsonbake
    of Holsonbake Numismatics for this Baltimore show - 11/8 to 11/10. Please stop by and
    say hello. I believe he and the two YN's assistants are at table 957 ....

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    EastonCollectionEastonCollection Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easton Collection
  • Options

While searching for a Barber thread, this older one was number 2 on the list.

The gentleman who posted ( nada ) in between my two posts is a friend who
    rarely posts. His Barber Half collection is filled with extraordinary AU 58's. He
    also collects numerous other series as well and knowing his tastes - I can assure
    everyone, if the Easton Collection is imaged and put out on the forums for viewing
    many people will be mesmerized !!

So, Mr. Easton, please don't be shy, either post to a thread of your own making or add
    images to the Mega Thread.

( I know a certain other collector of AU Halves would like to see what you've bought
    ... You know, he wants to make you an offer for your key dates ... )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My consigned coins with Holsonbake Numismatics are moving quite nicely. I'll be assisting
    Glenn next month at FUN. ( No table number as yet ) ... We'll have a couple of the ANA - YN's
    to assist us.

I can guarantee you there will be a previously unknown Barber treat in store for those who swing by the table.
    No guessing please. Just stop by and be amazed. I'm going to consign it to Heritage for the Atlanta FUN
    auction. Their publicity department should have a field day with this one.

Yes the coin will be available for sale at a fixed price for those who might wish to consign the coin themselves.
    The coin will be at the BCCS meeting at FUN as well. Just in case someone missed seeing it at the table.

Well, I hope I piqued everyone's interest. See you at FUN...

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Labelman87Labelman87 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds Great!

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legend has this one for sale at the moment....and it looks insane. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file