Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bought a collection during my Heritage case rip....Scans added

As some of you know, I sat down earlier today to begin my annual rip of Heritage. By 6:30 I had made it thru 2 cases with one to go. I decided this was a good stopping point to grab dinner and my son from a friend's house. I loaded up my 2 daughters and we went to pick up my son. When I got to the house I decided to get out and grab my son, this is unusual as I would normally send one of my daughters to get him because of a bad ankle. So I make my way up to the house and the boys are in the backyard playing baseball so I stop and watch and reminisce about playing when I was younger. While watching, the friend's father comes up and we begin talking. As the conversation progresses he ask if I still mess around with baseball cards. I tell him I do and he asks if I am interested in buying some that he had come across. Reluctantly I said yes, thinking to myself here goes another trip down memory lane with worthless '80's crap.

To my surprise he pulls out a couple of notebooks loaded with 50's and 60's cards. After going thru the notebooks we discuss a price and come to an agreement. So scans coming soon, nothing spectacular as far as conditioning goes, but a nice assortment.

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I love ACTUAL success stories like this... 99% of the time it's the 80s/90s nightmare.
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some scans

• Options
    wow! that Aaron is fantatic!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    More....

• Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    MORE, MORE,MORE!!
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>MORE, MORE,MORE!! >>

That's all for now, going to rip my box of Five Star football and my last case of Heritage.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look well-loved (and I mean that in a good way).
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Damn...
  • Options
    PM sent
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They look well-loved (and I mean that in a good way). >>

+1

Thinkin the same thing Mike.
    Mike
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I would take that haul any day!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Congrats! I volunteer to pick your son up from his other friend's house next week!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Quick update, I spoke with David, (friend's father) about an hour ago. He told me to stop by again when I get the chance, that he had 4 more notebooks with cards for me. He said 3 were baseball and 1 with football. Fingers crossed, the way he spoke about the notebooks was as if they were part of the original deal and I just needed to pick them up. image
  • Options
    Wow....................................................................................................................................................................

• Options
    Thought I would give a quick run down by year with what I ended up with after sorting:

48 Bowman: 2
    52 Bowman: 7
    53 Topps: 2
    54 Topps: 20
    54 Bowman: 2
    55 Bowman: 58
    55 Topps: 37
    56 Topps: 59
    57Topps: 52
    58 Topps: 85
    59 Topps: 91
    60 Topps: 114
    61 Fleer: 1
    61 Topps: 160
    62 Fleer: 5
    62 Topps: 91
    63 Fleer: 19
    63 Topps: 55
    64 Topps: 11
    65 Topps: 95
    60/61 Post: 32
  • Options
    Any of them for sale?
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    As a longtime Giants fan and collector of Mays/Mcovey, I'd say you scored big You don't hear many stories like this anymore. Super!
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Definitely interested in that Banks if it winds up on the block. Nice buy!