Home Precious Metals
Options

Articles from 24hgold today paint a picture...

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,397 ✭✭✭✭✭
that makes me scratch my head....

I've just turned on CNBC and the buzz is all about the Fed's new stress test results that are due out, and the stock market has rallied nicely when I wasn't looking this afternoon.

I can't get Kitco to come up - so I flip to Jim Sinclair's website and see that the dollar is up, sporadically and gold is down. Fair enough.

Curious, I go to my backup bullion site, 24hgold and see that the metals are all down. I start reading:

1) about the government's USDA approval for pink slime to be used in hamburger and the government's SEC approval for reduced financial standards to be used in midcap level and small business IPOs in the JOBS Act. I agree with the article that it is bait to lure investor money back into the market with loose & fast rules and no investor protections. Hmmmmmm.

2) then I read about the new twist on Operation Twist, which looks to be no more than hiding money creation by the issuance of new (short term) debt while using the new money to force down longterm rates. And it isn't supposed to be inflationary. wow.

3) going down the page, I note Peter Schiff's arguments about the recovery that really isn't meeting the metrics of a real recovery. no kidding, Peter.

4) then I swing over to the right-hand column and read a detailed account about the "Greek settlement" which illustrates just exactly where private bond investors stand in the settlement of the Greek debt crisis, in addition to noting that they DID declare a "credit event" that causes the CDSs to be executed - but they only made that decision AFTER the rest of the "agreements" were completed. In other words, they kept changing the rules until most of the bondholders capitulated contrary to their own self-interests.

So, let's recap. The Fed is trying to lure investors' retirement money into markets that are being pushed with fewer investor safeguards while new fiat is being shoveled into the system, with longterm rates being forced low to keep the illusion of a boom alive, and the normal recovery parameters are being ignored. At the same time, the writing is on the wall for private investors who have believed their local sovereign debt distributor and are getting double-crossed in multiple ways, after the fact.

Paper? or Precious Metals?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

<< <i>that makes me scratch my head....

I've just turned on CNBC and the buzz is all about the Fed's new stress test results that are due out, and the stock market has rallied nicely when I wasn't looking this afternoon.

I can't get Kitco to come up - so I flip to Jim Sinclair's website and see that the dollar is up, sporadically and gold is down. Fair enough.

Curious, I go to my backup bullion site, 24hgold and see that the metals are all down. I start reading:

1) about the government's USDA approval for pink slime to be used in hamburger and the government's SEC approval for reduced financial standards to be used in midcap level and small business IPOs in the JOBS Act. I agree with the article that it is bait to lure investor money back into the market with loose & fast rules and no investor protections. Hmmmmmm.

2) then I read about the new twist on Operation Twist, which looks to be no more than hiding money creation by the issuance of new (short term) debt while using the new money to force down longterm rates. And it isn't supposed to be inflationary. wow.

3) going down the page, I note Peter Schiff's arguments about the recovery that really isn't meeting the metrics of a real recovery. no kidding, Peter.

4) then I swing over to the right-hand column and read a detailed account about the "Greek settlement" which illustrates just exactly where private bond investors stand in the settlement of the Greek debt crisis, in addition to noting that they DID declare a "credit event" that causes the CDSs to be executed - but they only made that decision AFTER the rest of the "agreements" were completed. In other words, they kept changing the rules until most of the bondholders capitulated contrary to their own self-interests.

So, let's recap. The Fed is trying to lure investors' retirement money into markets that are being pushed with fewer investor safeguards while new fiat is being shoveled into the system, with longterm rates being forced low to keep the illusion of a boom alive, and the normal recovery parameters are being ignored. At the same time, the writing is on the wall for private investors who have believed their local sovereign debt distributor and are getting double-crossed in multiple ways, after the fact.

Paper? or Precious Metals? >>

With pick slime on top! Enjoy!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer Reggie Middleton's banking stress tests. Why I no longer keep money with BOA.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?