Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Reminder to upload/change my icon. March 15, right?

I really want to change my icon, but I keep missing the date. I am starting this thread to remind myself.
Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy

Comments

• Options
    1) Why can't you change it right now?

2) Is that Q-Bert?
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    1) I want to upload an icon that another board member made for me. Apparently you can only upload once a month. I think it's the 15th.

2) Yes!
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Yes it is on the 15th and I like your Q-bert avatar. Hated that game though.
  • Options
    Q-Bert in the arcade was fun. On home video game systems, not so much.
  • Options
    Thanks for the Q-Bert love. Agreed on the home game playability, although I think that goes for almost any home system adaptation of arcade games back then.
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the pixel size limit for the icons?
  • Options
    I think it's 100 x 100.
  • Options
    Uploaded my new icon. Yay.
  • Options
    LarryPLarryP Posts: 339 ✭✭
    SETHRO,

Thanks for posting the reminder ...

HOTTY TODDY!
    -Larry
    Upgrading: Nothing!

Selling: Everything!
    eBay Auctions
  • Options
    celloscellos Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Just uploaded my new icon.
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reminder, I've been trying to remember for close to 6 months now.
  • Options
    TmbrWolf22TmbrWolf22 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reminder
  • Options
    does anyone know why im getting this message when trying to upload an avitar with the correct pixels, kb?

There was an error reading your Author Icon. The Error was: Could not determine the format of the file d:forums.collectors.com/i/authorsicons/ACF1880.jpg CF_IMAGEINFO: Format Not Recognized
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Well John... What it said is that it can't read a jpg file... Which is one of the most common picture files there is... Not sure why.

You should probably try refreshing or closing your browser and try again. Make sure its <10kb and 100x100 pixels or less.
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I don't see the upload button. Did I miss the window?
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    Click Profile in the top right, then scroll all the way down. You should see something that says

"Upload your own author icon

Maximum image size is 100 pixels by 100 pixels at 10 KB."

Click "Choose File" (In between these words), and then select what you wanted to upload.
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I do not see that
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    still not working, anyone else upload recently having the same problem? thanks sean for trying to help
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Hey Guys, lots of great choices.

Seth, good thing you didn't have a contest about what your new icon would be as I knew it was going to be Mr. Lenny Randle.

Clint, now I won't get you and ThunderDan confused anymore. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    jwgatorsjwgators Posts: 460 ✭✭
    I just changed mine without a problem.
    Joel
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Me too!
  • Options

<< <i>I do not see that >>

+1

I guess I fail.

My favorite ball players throughout the years: Hank Aaron, Dale Murphy, Ellis Burks, Lance Berkman
  • Options
    i can use plenty of the stock photos but i wanted to upload my own, i have the browse button on my profile, click on it, go to my 100 x 100 less than 10kb photo, click on it to update and get that same message,, format not recognized,, ive tried changing the name of the photo thinking i may have duplicated someone elses, still nothing ,, when i click to upload it puts a file name i did not use such as ACD38D,jpg,, it changed it on its own, thats not the file i selected.
  • Options
    TmbrWolf22TmbrWolf22 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭
    yeah....that was the idea. Hope nobody gets upset that I used this avatar. I'm not computer savvy enough to upload one of my own. Just wanted it to be different.
  • Options
    DDaniel83DDaniel83 Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Why do they only allow a certain day to change ICON?
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why do they only allow a certain day to change ICON? >>

Great question. I feel relatively computer savy - and I still can't get a new avatar loaded. Do you need to be using a specific browser?
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    This is the link that helped me to resize the image----has to fit under 10x10 pixels and can't be large than 10kb

Resize Image
  • Options

<< <i>This is the link that helped me to resize the image----has to fit under 10x10 pixels and can't be large than 10kb

Resize Image >>

already done that,, i see im not the only one having probs
  • Options
    I'm not sure then, I had some troubles but once I finally got the image the right size it worked fine
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: I figured out what I was doing wrong
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    celloscellos Posts: 128 ✭✭

<< <i>does anyone know why im getting this message when trying to upload an avitar with the correct pixels, kb?

There was an error reading your Author Icon. The Error was: Could not determine the format of the file d:forums.collectors.com/i/authorsicons/ACF1880.jpg CF_IMAGEINFO: Format Not Recognized >>

I had the same error message when I tried to upload my new icon. I had it saved on my laptop and resized it but the site wouldn't accept it. After trying for about 15 minutes I went to my photobucket account where I have the same image. I resized and compressed it using photobucket then I saved that image to my laptop. I don't know what the difference was but the site accepted that one.
  • Options
    AHA. You can't do it from my apple browser. Went to a PC and voila it gives you a choice to upload!

<< <i>

<< <i>I do not see that >>

+1

I guess I fail.

image >>

My favorite ball players throughout the years: Hank Aaron, Dale Murphy, Ellis Burks, Lance Berkman
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

<< <i>AHA. You can't do it from my apple browser. Went to a PC and voila it gives you a choice to upload! >>

I just figured this out myself. Booyaa
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Is the 10kb requirement a recent addition? I've added a number of icons over the years but it's really difficult for me to get under that limit with my current setup.
  • Options
    CollectorAtWorkCollectorAtWork Posts: 859 ✭✭✭
    Woo, woo, I finally have an icon!

What I did to get the icon within the size limits was to just edit the picture in pbrush on Windows, and then use from the Menu: Image -> Stretch/Skew to reduce the image to the correct size. A couple of times of 50% reductions for both horizontal and vertical did the trick.
  • Options

<< <i>I really want to change my icon, but I keep missing the date. I am starting this thread to remind myself. >>

Looking good!
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has to be one of the biggest mass avatar changings in history. Now I have to retrain my over worked brain to recognize the new avatars'. image

I'll see if large quantitys' of Bud Light help.
  • Options
    LarryPLarryP Posts: 339 ✭✭
    Ttt

It's just about that time of the month again.

Thanks,
    -Larry
    Upgrading: Nothing!

Selling: Everything!
    eBay Auctions
  • Options
    Thanks Larry! Somehow I lost my Len Randle icon again. I updated my profile and it gave me the penny icon!