Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA/DNA Blue Flip grades are in...No luck on the Jordan...Scans added

Cert # Item Primary Subject Result/Grade
83213501 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 11 RICKY STEAMBOAT RICKEY STEAMBOAT 9
83213498 1990 HOOPS 358 MICHAEL JORDAN TEAM CHECKLIST MICHAEL JORDAN Questionable Authenticity
83213503 1988 WONDERAMA NWA WRESTLING SUPERSTARS 194 STING STING 8
83213502 1986 CARNATION MAJOR LEAGUE WRESTLING RIC FLAIR MAJOR LEAGUE WRESTLING RIC FLAIR 9
83213499 1985 O-PEE-CHEE WWF PRO WRESTLING STARS-SERIES 2 5 RICKY STEAMBOAT RICKEY STEAMBOAT 8
83213500 1985 O-PEE-CHEE WWF PRO WRESTLING STARS-SERIES 2 5 RICKY STEAMBOAT RICKEY STEAMBOAT 6

Total Items: 6
Date Received: 2/28/2012
Date Shipped: 3/12/2012
Order Status: Ready to Ship

Does questionable authenticity mean it is indeed fake or they just can't 100% guarentee it is real? I am assuming it means fake.

I am excited about the Ric Flair grade as I was concerned about that one becuase the way he signed it was just holding it in his hand and had no clue what kind of grade would be assigned to the signature.

One thing I learned from this is if the auto is not super crisp with full ink don't send it in. The Steamboat got a PSA 6 for auto so certainly not too helpfull for the value.

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Dpeck...I hate to talk off-topic, but do you like any of the older wrestling cards like Jim Londos and Jim Browning, or do you only like the WWE/WWF stuff?
    PS - tough break on the Jordan....
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    David,

Too bad on the Jordan. It's hard to get him slabbed sometimes. I've had Jordan's fail quick opinion, fail JSA, and then pass PSA/DNA full LOA later. It happens. "Questionable Authenticity" is the term they use to fail items. It will never say "bad", "no good", etc.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I don't collect any of the older cards.

Rob the Wrestling Card King has a great collection of older cards.

I only focus on a few of the sets from the 80's. The Wrestling All Stars and the Carnation Major League Wrestling set.

Thanks on the Jordan. Never knew if it was real or not. Mike Navarro said he liked it one time when I posted it and a few others said no.

No great loss but it would have been really cool if it got slabbed.

I bought a few more display cases to put some of these and a few other cards in and would have put it in there.
  • Options
    Funny Mike I just referenced you image

• Options

One of my favorite wrestling items by far.

Such a class act and a great guy. Nicest wrestler I have met by far.

Very cool item as well.
  • Options
    Those are nice. Flair is really cool with 16x. Psa must be a lot tougher graders on autos. I know those would all be BGS 10 no problem autos.

I'd like to see Steamboat they gave a six.
  • Options

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Those are awesome, glad you sent those in.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Thanks King.

The turn around time was fast and I am very pleased with having them in the blue flips. I just bought a few more card cases for the wall and a few of these are going in them.

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you mind posting a scan of the questionable Jordan? I would like to see it. I have the very same card at PSA/DNA right now.

Shane

• Options

I have had it since 1991. A friends step mom worked for the Magic and got it for me and one for him. I have no reason to believe it is fake but no proof it is real.

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    D .... do you have a Rowdy Roddy Piper?
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    I have the card but no auto.

• Options
    Bear48Bear48 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    I really like the Flair card. Very nice. Congrats!
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is the silver base card.

Shane

• Options
    Thanks Bear,

If I get another chance to see him I cracked out a PSA 9 OC Wrestling All Stars to get signed. At the last second before we went to see the matches that night I grabbed a few cards and I had just gotten this Carnation in the mail that today so I brought it.

I am glad I did because this is his most rare trading card by far and it may be the only one out there.

From time to time TNA does signings that you can pay to go to and I plan to head out to the next one in Orlando if Flair is involved and get a few more items signed.

• Options
    A little update to the thread.

On Thursday night my wife and I and a few friends went up to the new Gator's Dockside near my condo. After an hour or so of hanging out I looked over a table away and the lady who got the Jordan signed for me when I was 13 was sitting there with her husband who is the father of the guy I was friends with at the time. Having a little liquid courage I decided to walk up and ask her about it. I had not seen her in 23 years but she instantly recognized me.

I thought she worked for the Magic but she actually works for Disney. I went ahead and asked her about the Jordan she got signed and she totally remembered and said she did indeed meet Michael and have him sign the cards for Robby and I.

I told her that you can get cards authenticated and I had sent it in twice and it came back no good but I always assumed it was real. She said it is real.

It turned out to be a nice conversation as the fathers mom lives two buildings down and I see her every day. She is 91 and still going.

• Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭
    I had one signed Jordan inscribed to someone that passed, but the way he writes the word 'to' is totally different.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    I recently got this Ricky Steamboat - slightly smudged. I got it through the mail - interesting that he (assuming it was him who signed it) dated it and added "The Dragon"

• Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I told her that you can get cards authenticated and I had sent it in twice and it came back no good but I always assumed it was real. She said it is real. >>

i guess you never know for sure, if she says she got it then maybe you gotta believe her.

that said, i doubt you'll ever get that card slabbed. it doesn't look like his signature at all to me, the "M" is the real giveaway in my opinion. also, for IP signatures in that era he would usually connect the end of "Michael" with the "J". this one is a bit too "clean". my best guess - she gave it to someone associated with him and they signed it secretarial style. certainly from her perspective, she'd never know whether he signed it or not unless she saw him with her own eyes.

still, unfortunately i don't ever see that making it into a slab.