Home Sports Talk
Options

Bruce Weber gone

coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, there has been a significant coaching change in Illinois athletics- Zook is gone as the football coach and Weber is gone as well as the Women's BB coach. This all comes at a significant cost at time when the economy is not what it should be- the real question seems to be this-

Is it worth it to buy out the contracts and replace these coaches?

While Zook's 6 game slide was not anticipated- the loss to Minnesota was embarrassing to the point that words just fail to summarize the game without having the opportunity to see it-

Weber was off to great start and the basketball season ended in a disappointment. In the history of the NCAA Tourney, I believe Illinois has made to the final 4 more times than any other school without winning it. A 6-12 conference record does not seem to be taking the program in the anticipated and expected direction.

I suppose decisions need to be made but at what cost?

In 3-5 years, will the cost be worth it or will the new coaches be on the hot seat?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Can you say SHAKA???
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.