Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1948 Stan Musial

I huge thank you to john91c for one of the smoothest transactions on the boards. The card came today and it was packed securely and looks beautiful.

Thank you again.

Only two more Musials to go for the base registry.

Comments

• YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Great card!
  • RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭
    Very nice. Still an underrated card after all these years IMO.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on a sweet pickup! Glad everything went well.

I auto-adjusted the pic - it looks really good.
    Mike
  • pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the auto correct, it looks even better in hand. I am going to try to get a bump if and when I ever renew my subscription.
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul, great new addition it's a very sharp card with great centering.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Paul, I'm glad that this worked out for you. That card was in a PSA 6 holder, so a .5 bump is a real possibility.
  • If it was a 6, why is now in a 5? Nice card either way!!!!!
    I believe Matt cracked it out to get signed (which it wasn't) and when it was reslabbed it came back a 5. I'm sure he could give you more details.
  • FOR REAL?? An Ex-MT Musial RC cracked out of a 6 holder to have it signed? Who's dumb enough to do that? Wow.
    Careful, Matt is one of most respected members of these forums.
  • frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a beauty. Mine is poor, but it's mine! image

Shane

• I knew that card looked familiar.

It was in a psa6 holder and should be back in a psa 6 holder.

I wish I still had that card! Will buy another eventually.
    Dang, a lot of people on these boards have owned this card.
  • No offense, but Honey Badger don't care about the respect angle! Even respected guys make bad decisions and that was a money loser......oh well, we all make dumb mistakes we wish we could take back! image

Still love the card, still should be in a 6 holder!
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>No offense, but Honey Badger don't care about the respect angle! Even respected guys make bad decisions and that was a money loser......oh well, we all make dumb mistakes we wish we could take back! >>

Badger, Before you comment about something, know what your talking about. First of all, you have no clue what I had into that PSA 6 Musial. Additionally, a PSA 6 Auto'd Musial RC would easily be a $1000 card, as it would be the highest Auto'd RC graded. High grade HOF Auto'd RC's are exploding! So before you want to interject your opinion, consider that I would have had about 50% of what the card would be worth into it. A real money loser!!!!!
  • Oh, hey MBMiller that's just my opinion bro. I wouldn't foul up a nice Musial rc with a signature, but that's just me. And you never got it signed, right, so it's not worth what you said it could be?

I don't really do autographs because there are so many fakes out there so I don't know the value. No offense, just my opinion.....have a good one! image
  • fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭

<< <i>FOR REAL?? An Ex-MT Musial RC cracked out of a 6 holder to have it signed? Who's dumb enough to do that? Wow. >>

lol ...who's dumb enough to call it a Musial Rookie image
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Not the dummy that believed what Nash says. image
    Good for you.
  • fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    I saw the update on the little league ball, but its not the only fake Cobb in the news...

Nash may be an idiot... but so is PSA/DNA for grading/slabing a laser printed copy as authentic
    PSA authenticated laser copy of a green Ty Cobb signature

PS there are 11 Musial cards made before 1948 (7 if you dont count premiums)

1943 M114
    1946 Propaganda Montiel
    1946 Sears
    1946 W603 Sports Exchange
    1946-47 Sensacion Premiums
    1947 W602 Sports Exchange mini
    1947 Exhibit Supply Co. ("MADE IN USA" kneeling pose was only made this year)
    1947 D305 (round corners)
    1947 W571-3 Hess Shoes
    1947 Bond Bread Premiums
    1947 W571-2 Bond Bread Exhibit

and that '48 Bowman card is a very nice "5"... that should get back in a "6" holder someday image
  • I have his 47 bond bread. Didnt even know about the others.
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I saw the update on the little league ball, but its not the only fake Cobb in the news...

Nash may be an idiot... but so is PSA/DNA for grading/slabing a laser printed copy as authentic
    PSA authenticated laser copy of a green Ty Cobb signature

PS there are 11 Musial cards made before 1948 (7 if you dont count premiums)

1943 M114
    1946 Propaganda Montiel
    1946 Sears
    1946 W603 Sports Exchange
    1946-47 Sensacion Premiums
    1947 W602 Sports Exchange mini
    1947 Exhibit Supply Co. ("MADE IN USA" kneeling pose was only made this year)
    1947 D305 (round corners)
    1947 W571-3 Hess Shoes
    1947 Bond Bread Premiums
    1947 W571-2 Bond Bread Exhibit

and that '48 Bowman card is a very nice "5"... that should get back in a "6" holder someday image >>

(bumped to fix link in other post)