Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A Andre The Giant PSA 9 Pop 2!!!!!

Here it is!!! Just picked this up from the post office this morning! This card is awesome!!!

A dealer from CA who has been great to work with helped me track this down and work out a deal.

I am so excited to add this to my collection! I have spent a great deal of time and money on trying to get an Andre The Giant into a PSA 9 holder and here it is.

PSA Set Registry 1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A

Here is the link to my set.

Comments

• Do you own both or just the one?
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just one. I lost the first one on EBAY and the seller is trying to sell it for a great deal more then he paid.

Andre The Giant on EBAY
  • love it !!
    enjoy
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • What a sh*t head. There's a point where you hope it gets swiped from their table at a show because of something that did...

He still says its a pop 1 in the auction.
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Were you able to get it a bit cheaper than the ebay auction? Not that is really matters, it is a great card and the most important one you needed in your amazing sets.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    I paid $1,820 for it delivered.

I would have liked to have gotten it a little cheaper but that is life. I sold off a number of BGS cards with strong results and this opportunity came out of no where and I jumped on it.

This is such a great looking card in hand and I am thrilled to own it.

Sean the seller knows it is a Pop 2 becuase I emailed him a few weeks back to see if he was getting more motivated to sell the card.

I am glad I lost the first one not becuase of any price savings but becuase this is a better card in my opinion.
  • Sweet D!! I remember the other one went for like $1200 if I remember correctly?
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
    The first one sold for $2,107. I was the under bidder at $2,077.

When they interviewed me for the SMR I told the writer that if one ever surfaced it was a $2,000 card so I put a little extra on my bid and still lost.

• BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    Awesome card. Congrats
  • Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Bingo!!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff

• << <i>The first one sold for $2,107. I was the under bidder at $2,077.

When they interviewed me for the SMR I told the writer that if one ever surfaced it was a $2,000 card so I put a little extra on my bid and still lost. >>

That's right. Awesome card man! Maybe I'll see if my BGS 8.5 might cross????
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    Not sure what to tell you Mike.

I tried with 4 Andre's to cross them. 2 BGS 8.5's, 2 BGS 9's. No luck in the holders. Cracked them and now all of them sit in a PSA 8 holder.

One of the BGS 9's came back a PSA 7 and I cracked it out and tried again and got an 8. It is a very nice 8 so not sure what the grader saw when it got a 7.

Quite frankly I have yet to see a BGS 9 that will cross in or out and there is one on EBAY that has no shot to cross with the surface issue in Andre's hair.

• thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    There you go. Way to muscle up on that card. Great looking Andre.

• sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    Yours is WAY better than that off-centered one on eBay.
  • gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    A truly fantastic rarity.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Congrats David,

Andre will enjoy being all around his high graded brothers and sisters.

Great card!

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
    That is a much nicer card, so not only did you save a little bit but you have the better card to have period. I noticed the strong sales that you had with your graded cards so it is all relative sort of speak. Congrats once again.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    King the recent selling prices of many of the cards have been shocking to me.

I felt like it was a no brainer to re deploy the funds into the card I have been dying to own.

What makes this really exciting is there is no doubt this card belongs in the holder it is in.

I don't know if this current surge will continue but another major priced sale happend today with a Adrian Adonis BGS 9.5 going for $220. The graded cards by any company are being snatched up at prices that are dramatically higher then recent sales.

I am not sure what this card would of cost on EBAY if it went in a live auction but with the current surge there is actually a chance it could have went higher.

I will never know and glad I don't have to find out.

Here is the back. These are over sized and there is a plastic wrap inside the holder.

This is the stock photo of the Andre where they cropped his hair. It is also the stock photo of the Hogan card.

I am not really sure what is wrong with the card. It is as close to a 10 as I think you will find. The card is razor sharp.

As I have said because these were wrapped in tight cellophane finding one with sharp corners is very tough.

82 A Sealed Set

Here is what a sealed set looks like. This Andre would be lucky to get a PSA 5.

In terms of what I would pay for a 10. I really have no idea. I just don't think one will happen. If so I will have to see it and then see where I stand at that point with liquid finances that I could devote to my card collection.

I think if a Hulk Hogan PSA 10 hits it is a $5,000++++ card easy.

I realize this is a niche market but out of the 108 cards there are a few that many collectors would not mind owning and that is one of them. This is one too and that is one of the primary reasons this price is much higher then others in the set in this condition.
  • kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Wow, amazing card and set! Congrats Dpeck!!!
  • kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Oh btw Iron Sheik bgs 9.5 just sold for $300. There's no limit to what these cards could bring in the future
    There have been some very strong recent sales.

I obviously hope this continues.

• << <i>Oh btw Iron Sheik bgs 9.5 just sold for $300. There's no limit to what these cards could bring in the future >>

wonder what it would get if it was a psa 10.

Great Andre card. What have psa 8's sold for?
    The last three sales of Andre PSA 8's were $353, $350, and $445.

• So what do you think?

Miconelegacy Auctions
    That is a nice card.

I think it would end up in a PSA 8 holder if cracked out and sent in raw.
  • Myabe I'll try, I'll use the BGS cracking instructions you guys had listed the other day. I never have cracked one.

Might get some band aides ready....
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    Mike they are easier then a PSA holder.

Just follow the instructions I laid out in that thread and when your done you will be amazed at how easy it was.

Unless you really want it in a PSA slab the value proposition is not a lot of money. With how strong the cards are selling in both slabs currently you might do more risk if that did not come back an 8.

If you are looking to sell it just put it on EBAY as a Buy It Now or with a high opening bid to protect yourself and see what happens.

• NHLfightguyNHLfightguy Posts: 525 ✭✭
    I would leave that in the Beckett 8.5. The centering is the key. My guess it would get a psa 8. Still a real nice grade. Have no idea. Are many Andres graded by Beckett. Any other real high grades.
    At one point there were 5 BGS 9's and I had two. They are in PSA holders as I mentioned earlier in the thread. I am not certain if that number has grown.

Every BGS Andre I got went down in grade with PSA.

BGS 9 Andre is not even close to equal PSA 9 Andre in quality or selling price.

The same holds true with the Hogan. NONE of the BGS 9.5's have a shot at a PSA 10.

• << <i>At one point there were 5 BGS 9's and I had two. They are in PSA holders as I mentioned earlier in the thread. I am not certain if that number has grown.

Every BGS Andre I got went down in grade with PSA.

BGS 9 Andre is not even close to equal PSA 9 Andre in quality or selling price.

The same holds true with the Hogan. NONE of the BGS 9.5's have a shot at a PSA 10. >>

You are the expert, so I will leave it where it is. It's not for sale anyway. PC.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    1980 Wrestling News magazine

I have been looking for ever to find the original photo from the Andre The Giant card. Here is the program it is from. I knew it was in the Mid South when he was a tag team champion with Dusty Rhodes.

Unfortunately I did not come across the item until after it closed but I at least now know what I am looking for.

I wonder what a PSA 9 Andre the Giant would bring in this market...I think Dpeck did well!
    I think worst case scenario it would have gone for close to what I paid and best case perhaps much more. No telling.

I like buying cards on the private market when I can to avoid bidding wars. You just never know how high someone else will go.

Six months ago for the first PSA 9 Andre is ages ago compared to the prices that are being reached now......
    King after seeing the 73 card run up like it has I am very comfortable with what I paid.

My example has better centering then the first and is a real stunner.

In the end it sits in a case on a wall and is not moving regardless of value.
    I agree, I would much rather have a traditional card then the hand cut paper one that is reaching great heights on it's own.
    As long as that glare is just from the scanner you should be good with that in an 8 I would think.

It is hard to tell what a PSA 8 would go for at the moment but I think it would be higher then what you paid for that card for sure.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andre the Giant looks like Bobo from 'Finding bigfoot'.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
    Andre PSA 9 is up on ebay...
    andre
    This is going to be an interesting auction for sure. There has not been one new Andre hit the pop reports in months that is a PSA 8 or higher.

The handfull of sealed sets that have sold there is not one that has had a very strong Andre on top.

If someone other then me is serious about owning this card in a PSA 9 this may be your only shot.

There are currently 33 watchers and that number has been steadily climbing.

I would suspect in the next two days some fresh bids start to pop up.
    $1,500 was final price, didn't meet reserve.

Also see another sealed set on ebay of 82a. Andre looks decent on top.
    82aset
  • ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    Unless the back is way off, the 8 on centering on that card seems pretty harsh
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
    NHL I have my suspicions of the authenticity of that set of 82A. There are several warning signs that suggest it is resealed.

• MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>Unless the back is way off, the 8 on centering on that card seems pretty harsh >>

30/70 t/b centering. 8 is generous.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>What a sh*t head. There's a point where you hope it gets swiped from their table at a show because of something that did...

He still says its a pop 1 in the auction. >>

For trying to buy and resale the card for more? Isn't that what you try to do? Let's hold that same standard to yourself and hope that your house gets robbed.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Bear48Bear48 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!! That card is a BLAZER!!!
    I am very excited to add this to my collection. Andre The Giant and Dusty Rhodes won the NWA Tri State Tag Team Championship Title in a tag team tournament on Dec 25th 1978. They never defended the title and The Spoiler took Andre's place. This is the photo used for Andre The Giant's 1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A card. This photo appears on the cover of other Wrestling News publications but what makes this even more special is that this program comes from one of the the Mid South Spectacular shows from April 1981.

It can now be determined that the photo used for Andre's card was on Christmas night 1978.

1981 Mid South Wrestling
    I was going through my Photobucket and found this card! LOL

[/URL]">Rollins All Stars
    still a pop 2, impressive