Home Sports Talk
Options

So Peyton is getting cut tomorrow

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Colts are making a very smart bussiness decision.

There is no doubt they have their eyes on Luck and honestly they are doing whats best for the franchise.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    The Colts are idiots, and I bet Luck will suck in the NFL.
  • Options

<< <i>Jerry Rice says the 49ers should go after him...I couldn't agree more. >>

All this after Niner fans were calling Alex Smith an "Elite" QB before losing to the Giants image
  • Options

<< <i>

All this after Niner fans were calling Alex Smith an "Elite" QB before losing to the Giants image >>

We were all happy with his performance this past year. But me and my 49er fan friends never had the gumption to use the word "elite." That's insanity! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

All this after Niner fans were calling Alex Smith an "Elite" QB before losing to the Giants image >>

We were all happy with his performance this past year. But me and my 49er fan friends never had the gumption to use the word "elite." That's insanity! image >>

LOL Ray! Nah I wasnt reffering to you but check back on the threads around the Playoffs last year, there were peeps talking him up! image
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Go after Peyton Manning? Unless he's willing to sign for under 7 million/ year or so I say no. Manning has had a great career and at this point he is nowhere near the quarterback he once was. And with that injury he's one moderate tackle away from leaving the field as a quadriplegic. I say Peyton should strongly consider retirement.

No credible Niner fan would ever soberly call Alex Smith an "elite" quaterback. Some people blame the coaching carousel for his past woes while others (including myself) think he's just not that talented. That last season was by far the best season of his career to date and that playoff game against the Saints was the best game of his career. Alex Smith is not in the same league as Brady, Brees or Big Ben but I would take him over Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy or that guy in Denver.

The QB situation is not the biggest offseason issue to address. Alex Smith is a free agent but Harbaugh likes him and Smith himself wants to stay. The biggest hole is the wide receivers situation. Crabtree has shown moments of promise but he's just not getting it done. The article says they're going after Vincent Jackson and Mike Wallace. If that's true then they're heading in the right direction.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

I'm looking forward to rooting for Peyton Manning vs. anyone next season. Crossing my fingers that the team he signs with plays the Colts.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seattle!
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    So, what team is the odds-on favorite to land PM?

Back to the Colts as a FA?

Going home to watch next season on the big screen?

Or??????????

(If the Colts were smart they'll sign Matt Flynn and trade their pick for multiple later picks.)
  • Options
    Peyton should retire. There is no upside for him to continue to play.

I understand the drive that professional atheletes have, but I always considered Manning as one of the smartest QBs. I'm afraid that his next season will end very very bad.

If he is not careful, the only way he will be able to drive a car in reverse is with the use of a rear-view camera.
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>And with that injury he's one moderate tackle away from leaving the field as a quadriplegic. I say Peyton should strongly consider retirement. >>

The Eddie D 49ers weren't willing to start a QB who was 1 tackle away from a life threatening injury, and forced Steve Young to retire. Will Jed take the chance?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    ^ ^ ^
    not likely since he often talks with his uncle for guidance.

it will be interesting to see which team makes a move and for how much.

• Options
    The Saints do not come to an agreement with Brees. Sign Manning instead and he returns to his families hometown.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Saints do not come to an agreement with Brees. Sign Manning instead and he returns to his families hometown. >>

Sign Brees to a 1-year contact, bring in Manning as a back up, loaded with incentives, which also gives him sufficient time to heal, and then see what happens next year.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    KC - plenty of cap room for him and some of his friends.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With only a few years left where he could be viable I don't think he will want to back up anyone. I don't think he wants to play for a team that would not be in contention for a playoff spot. I think I am in agreement with those who would like to see him retire before he gets seriously injured.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Sad day indeed.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    I bet half the teams at least look at him
  • Options
    Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai GONE.

The Colts are starting over fresh it looks like...