Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Advice needed on where to sell Mantle baseball with personalization to Brian and Happy Holidays

For Xmas 1993 my brother, my dad and I got personalized baseballs for Xmas from a family friend who had access to the Mick. I am going to sell my brother's ball for him as he can really use the money and had actually forgotten it was in storage until I told him he needed to pick up his items stored in my house as we prep to move. I would like some suggestions as to the best place to sell this. Part of me thinks getting it authenticated by JSA when they are in town next month and selling on ebay will be sufficient. But the materialistic part of me thinks, that maybe, in the correct auction house, that it may hit a premium if two Brian's decide they really want it. Wanted some suggestions.
Thanks

edited to add; just found a JSA ball signed to chris sold by probstein went for nice premium (final price ~$690) over other just signed ball. But then, there are some personalized balls as BINs for less than that.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page

Comments

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I believe Doug used to go by the name Arturo until he bought the "To Doug, Mickey Mantle" custom card.

So you could always find someone else who is willing to change their name for the sake of having a personally dedicated Mantle auto.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I believe Doug used to go by the name Arturo until he bought the "To Doug, Mickey Mantle" custom card.
    So you could always find someone else who is willing to change their name for the sake of having a personally dedicated Mantle auto. >>

HAHAHAHAHA Great response! Actually I bought this:

Which has THIS on the inside cover:

And Doran turned it into THIS for me:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Whatever you say Arturo.
  • Options
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    edited to add; just found a JSA ball signed to chris sold by probstein went for nice premium (final price ~$690) over other just signed ball. But then, there are some personalized balls as BINs for less than that.
    ==> awesome ball, yes i want it !!
    try me at rickprobstein1@gmail.com
    thanks
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    I would get the PSA letter with picture authentication, then consign it with probstein. I have a Yanks HOFers ball with Mantle and others, and that what I'm going to do if I ever sell it.

• Options
    I live 10 minutes from JSA , I can do it for you....
    no problem....
    LMK, thanks
    rick
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    I feel really bad that your brother is forced to sell that......

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I feel really bad that your brother is forced to sell that......

IMF >>

I do too, but I think he had completely forgotten about it, so its essentially money found. I wish it was someone cheaper so I could buy it and keep it for him.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    I wish my middle name was Brian!

I think consigning it to Rick is a smart thing to do.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    I agree. Rick will take care of the authentication and get top dollar for you.
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Looks like Brian was a popular name??

Brian Ball?