Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1933 goudey babe ruth #181

Does anyone know the vcp value for a 33 goudey babe ruth #181 psa 1? Thanks

Comments

• corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    www.vintagecardprices.com
  • What's up Tommy, so are you going to Vegas or what?
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Allen

I'm not so sure that average would even help you.

IMO the PSA 1 grade could be an other wise NM card
    with a flaw, to a rounded creased card.

I don't have a subscription so that's the best I can offer.

I'm sure sooner or later someone will get that info to you.

If I had to guess I'd say around 600.00? Maybe a lil more.

Good for you.

• << <i>www.vintagecardprices.com >>

Haha! how about www.freevcphelp.com

• << <i>Allen

I'm not so sure that average would even help you.

IMO the PSA 1 grade could be an other wise NM card
    with a flaw, to a rounded creased card.

I don't have a subscription so that's the best I can offer.

I'm sure sooner or later someone will get that info to you.

If I had to guess I'd say around 600.00? Maybe a lil more. >>

Thanks alot Win. I might just pay for a subscription because i know I'll need it in the future. Just hate paying for things like that. I need to call Obama for another bail-out.
  • jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Allen...they have a one day pass for $3.99 that is an option also.

Good Luck

Jeff
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    You should turn your PM's on too.

Perhaps someone will PM you the info.

We had a problem here a while back with someone giving out VCP info.

Good for you.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭
    Someone should look up a 1967 Topps Mantle PSA 8.5//////////////////It shows PSA 8.5 with the O/C Qualifier---which do not exist.... that throws the whole thing off. I did the nice thing and emailed them awhile ago and nothing was done.
  • CWCW Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    Based on the fairly frequent requests, and not necessarily my needs,
    perhaps VCP should consider offering an even lower rate for those who
    just need to look up a small number of cards. Maybe 3 searches for $1.

Obviously you need a happy medium where Bobby makes his money for
    providing a valuable service, the monthly subscribers feel they're getting
    good value, and the onesie-twosie guys can look up their one card for a buck.

• MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    I would say VCP, to some degree, can be deceptive on this particular card. Eye appeal on this issue plays such a vital role. I am working on this set currently in low grade but am finding very nice looking and presentable cards graded 4 and under (and that is not just on the Ruth). You can check out some of my scans here:

My 1933 Goudey Set

I also have scans of the two Ruths I have. Both are 1s but I think you would agree my 144 Ruth PSA 1 has tons more eye appeal compared to my 181 Ruth PSA 1. Both are PSA 1s but I consider them miles apart.

Good luck with your hunt!

Matt
  • fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    R319 Ruths in grade 1 are extremely common, but not all are the same (like others pointed out), there are thousands of them overall in that grade, Id est $500-$1000 depends on eye appeal, .......... ie a EX+ card with some glue residue would be 2X more than a rounded creased beater.

If you know your R319s, buy one raw and save up to 50%
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Here ya go,
    $1,036.11
    $885.56
    $789.99

J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8

• << <i>You should turn your PM's on too.

Perhaps someone will PM you the info.

We had a problem here a while back with someone giving out VCP info. >>

Just turned my PM's on...hint hint

• << <i>Here ya go,
    $1,036.11
    $885.56
    $789.99 >>

thanks alot.

• << <i>I would say VCP, to some degree, can be deceptive on this particular card. Eye appeal on this issue plays such a vital role. I am working on this set currently in low grade but am finding very nice looking and presentable cards graded 4 and under (and that is not just on the Ruth). You can check out some of my scans here:

My 1933 Goudey Set

I also have scans of the two Ruths I have. Both are 1s but I think you would agree my 144 Ruth PSA 1 has tons more eye appeal compared to my 181 Ruth PSA 1. Both are PSA 1s but I consider them miles apart.

Good luck with your hunt!

Matt >>

Why are we deceptive? We don't do the grading just report the sales.
    Hi Bobby--

Poor choice of words on my part. There is nothing deceptive about your services. Great product and I use the service myself. Basically what I was trying to say is that all 1s for this issue are not treated equally. I have seen 1s with great eye appeal and such will justify a higher price compared to another 1. In other words, there seem to be a "range of 1s." With that being the case, I was merely trying to state that just because a 1 may have sold for "X" dollars in the past, that is not necessarily an indication that the 1 you are looking for will sell for the same price. While I have not looked at the data on this card for a while on the VCP site, I am actually sure it will bear out what I was trying to say.

So again to clarify, my original post was not intended, in any way, shape or form, to cast stones at VCP. Again, it is an invaluable service that has assisted me in the past and will assist me in the future. Keep up the good work!

Again, my apologies if my original post was miscontrued.

Regards,

Matt
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mefer I read your post and it seemed very clear to me you were simply saying the pricing might be all over the map.

I did not see any shots at the VCP service in your first post.

<< <i>Mefer I read your post and it seemed very clear to me you were simply saying the pricing might be all over the map.

I did not see any shots at the VCP service in your first post. >>

Thank you. That was consistent with my intent.

Matt
  • Agreed and for most graded cards you will see a big difference in quality within the same grade, especially in the higher grades there will be a large price difference. That is why you should get a Gold membership so you can see all the images of the cards that have sold in the past.