Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Complete! Baseball Hall Of Fame Players Registry Set!

Took me over two years to complete my collection of hall of fame baseball players! As my budget allows I would like to replace some of the 19th century cards with playing career cards and add a few more rookie cards for the modern players. Overall, I'm happy with the results and looking forward to next year's inductees! Here's a link to the JB collection:

The JB Collection

Comments

• scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    Well done Jeff -- you made that look easy image

What I love about about the HOF registries is that they don't lock you into specific cards.

I'm constantly changing my set (upgrading and downgrading) -- it keeps it interesting.
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Great job . I too am working on this set ( I'm right above you ) but like "real " cards as opposed to " reprint " but can only afford reprints , so I love sets like your's as most are the real cards . Even though I have many collecting interest , my HOF set , because of the rules for the set , is my funest set that I have . Just finding some of those cards , man , can it be hard .

Which of the cards in your HOF set do you like the most ? The great pictures of your cards , make for a great walk through time . In that regard , thank you for posting the pics.

Again congratulations on finishing the set . Hopefully one day I will finish this set as well.---- Sonny

" In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Scarlem21Scarlem21 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the great comments everyone! My favourite is my 1964 Topps Stand-Up Roberto Clemente. After that one I love all of my pre-war cards, especially these ones: 1923 Willard Chocolate Ty Cobb, 1909 Dockman Sam Crawford; 1926 Exhibits Walter Johnson; 1909-11 T206 Addie Joss; 1909-11 T206 Nap Lajoie; 1933 Goudey Mel Ott; 1905 T205 Ed Walsh. The toughest cards for me to find were Ray Brown, Andy Cooper and Sol White. Not much exists of these players, and if you can find a card of them it would cost you some serious money.
  • paleocardspaleocards Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭
    Good job, Jeff, I remember when you introduced yourself as a rookie on the HOF Players set a couple of years ago. Good diversity of cards in your set. With all of your playing-days cards of pre-war HOFers you'd have a good start on the HOF Complete set, if you ever choose to tackle that monster. Well done!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Real nice set ... looks like it was probably fun putting it together. Never saw a "Baby Anson" before!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Nice set. Here is a link to my HOF Player Set:

Link

I'm currently ranked #2, and the Complete HOF Set also ranked #2.

I don't have any high dollar cards.

Dave
  • rustywillyrustywilly Posts: 130 ✭✭
    Congrats on a very nice collection! It takes a lot of focus and persistence. Be very proud...
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Well done Sir!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle