Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

2-1970 Topps sets found

Some of you know how I got most of my cards, but these two sets I remember putting together when I was 10 yrs old. Always thought they were lost to time but to my surprise they were with my brothers stash of cards boxed up and untouched for 40+ years. It was great fun to go thru them this weekend. 2 complete sets of pack fresh cards. Of course centering wasnt the biggest issue back then so there is the 35% or so ungradeable cards, there are certainly a bunch of beauties especially the All-Star cards. I must of paid attention to geting centered examples because most are. Cant wait to see what grades the big names get. Both Munson's are NRMT-MT and 1 Ryan is as well, the other is a little short on top and should 7. The Aarons were way OC and unuseable, One of the Blue Rookies could 9 as well. I do expect a handful of 10's if the grader does his job. I just might have to start a 70's Registry Set!!

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only thing better than finding a nice, virgin set is finding one that brings back memories...
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could have 1 day to go through your inventory. I'd find all kinds of stuff you never knew you had. image Good luck on the submission. '70s are tough and there's a big delta in value between 8s and 9s in that set. I'm sure you'll do very well, especially if the grades you've been getting lately are any indication.
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Gemint,
    You have no idea what I have been finding. Stacks of 62's 30-40 of each card all real nice, 66's as well ,mostly between numbers 360 and 440 but some low 500 numbers as well. Tons of 68's including star cards, a 1964 Giants Wax box missing a couple of packs, but all the big names visible thru the wrappers. Sold that one already. I know there is a box of 1971 Murcer's and 1969 Koosman's and Bonds Rookies somewhere, just havent picked the right box yet. About 200-300 each. Years back I had about 20 of the Koosman's and made 3-10's out of them. I had 400 or so Bonds rookies and remember selling them for $10 bucks apiece in the early 80's, I sold the Ryan rookies at $20 a pop. My brother took the 71 Murcer's because he was his favorite player, I took Roy White because he was mine. Its going to be an interesting year.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Bob its always fun going through the raw treasures. image
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    +1 Anything to report yet?
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    I am interested in a set after you get done going through both for grading. I have been very happy with our last transaction in the quality.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    leadoff4leadoff4 Posts: 2,392
    How did you get most of your cards?