Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Is Supercoin a Toning God?

dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
He is at it again. He has this Bicentennial Quarter listed 1976-S PCGS PR69 Peac(edited to allow)k Rainbow Wild Toning! . Now I am willing to bet this coin looks much better than the scan, which is "wild". Now I am not a toning fan, but for these modern things, what else is there.

So Tad, how are you "making" these? Inquiring minds need to know.

(Glad Ebay lets you use words this forum doesn't image)
Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

Comments

• Options
    The promise of the 21st century:

Better living through modern chemistry.
  • Options
    supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    but for these modern things, what else is there??

Well, genuine condition-rarity in many circulation strike issues and earlier proofs, a bunch of varieties and doubled-dies galore, a bunch of minting errors. And unlike many older series, the ability to "make history" with newly discovered varieties. But, you knew all that, right? image

The toned coins I've been selling lately (both moderns and classics) are coming out of a personal collection that I put together over the past few years.

I switched to toned coins from my first love -- high-grade Ikes -- when the Ikes got "too expensive" to hold onto. That is, when they were about 1/4 the price they are now -- doh!

coynclecter, actually that coin has been in my possession with that toning since the 20th century, sorry. image
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The brighter and more colorfully toned the Monster Rainbow is the Louder the detractors become. It's the law.

peacockcoins

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who was distracting? I was complimenting.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    OH MY! If that unbelievable 1982 Wahington 50c wasn't enough, now I must bid on his little brother. WOW!
    Michael
  • Options
    supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    Additional siblings are available. image

imageimageimageimageimage

All on eBay now.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry dblie55- I had just read Coincob's post regarding these beauties and had that in mind when I opened up this thread.

peacockcoins