Home Sports Talk
Options

The NBA is in trouble

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
man the product sucks. MJ
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Considering how craptacular the Pistons are this year I don't blame you for feeling that way.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not watching any NBA this year
  • Options
    There are no shortage of crappy teams. The Pistons are certainly one of them. The Bobcats vs Pistons tonight made me thankful I live in a hockey mecca.

The NBA regular season so far is almost unwatchable. If not for the Lin story basketball would be buried at the moment. MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Agreed. Maybe I'll watch the finals, but that's it.
    Capecards
  • Options
    the lowest assist total since the 1950s....more passing make for better hoops....
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    The NBA cast its lot a long time ago. I grew up watching TEAMS. The Celtics were a team. The Knicks were a team. No one guy was the superstar, and yet every guy was a superstar. When Jordan came along the NBA started promoting guys like him instead of the teams. And the three point shot came along which opened things up for individuals. And more showmen came along and less team guys. And that's where we are.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    Yawn. Old arguments. Tune in next month- playoffs will be fantastic as usual.

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    MJ is told that he has apparently been away from the village for twenty years.

it took you that long reach this conclusion?image
  • Options

<< <i>MJ is told that he has apparently been away from the village for twenty years.

it took you that long reach this conclusion?image >>

No kidding. It's just that I watched a couple portions of some games recently and I was struck by how horrible the play was. I also looked at the standings and noted just how bad some of these franchises are. The list is long.

MJ
  • Options
    I decided long ago to maximize my comfort level in this world. Some things HAD to go. The NBA was a no-brainer. I don't think I've seen a live game on TV in 5+ years.
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    I guess it depends on where you live. I look forward to every Bulls game now, I couldn't say that before Rose came to Chicago.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I live in SacTown so basketball not so pretty right now.
  • Options
    Havent watched a regular season NBA game since the early 80's.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still holding out for the Colonels to come back...
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do not watch the NBA, NHL, or NASCAR. I watch very little NFL until the playoffs. OTOH, I have a baseball game on almost every night during the season.
  • Options
    I don't like the NBA anymore. I just wait for baseball season and of course, football!
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I live in SacTown so basketball not so pretty right now. >>

At least you guys are getting a new arena right there in downtown.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been a fan of the game since I was 7 years old and I will always watch the NBA. They said only 12% of people who were asked said that they would miss watching it if the lockout had not ended...I'm in that group! image
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I live in SacTown so basketball not so pretty right now. >>

At least you guys are getting a new arena right there in downtown. >>

We'll see if ti ever gets done with the city now financing 2/3 of it instead of the initial 1/3
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do not watch the NBA, NHL, or NASCAR. >>

Check out the next race at Daytona. The Bud Shootout and the Daytona 500 were something else. Outside of the superspeedways, NASCAR is a snoozefest. With the NBA, wake me up when its down to just four teams. NHL is just tough for a southern boy to truely appreciate.

The last ten laps at a superspeedway are a crap shoot. Makes for some very compelling viewing.
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    Well, until Rubio went down for the rest of the year, the Timberwolves were
    actually making a big comeback from the Garnett years.