Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay neg. feedback after a filed dispute/refund?

Does anyone know if a buyer can still leave negative feedback after a Paypal dispute is filed and settled by a refund from the seller? I ask because I won an auction pretty cheap 3 weeks ago and have been getting what sounds like a load of BS from the seller along with what I think is a bogus delivery confirmation which still shows no status update other than "electronic shipping info received." I am sure he will grant a refund if I file a dispute, but the guy certainly still deserves a negative.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, you can. I've done it before after I lost an ebay case. However, I don't believe a non-paying buyer can file a negative or even provide feedback at all. (not your situation, however.)
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the info.
  • Options
    Yes, you can still leave a neg after a dispute is resolved and a refund is given. I've done this once in 10 years as the seller was such a punk and wouldn't respond to any emails. I filed a dispute, which he didn't respond to either, so I got a refund on the item. But I still left a neg to warn others of what I found to be a shady seller.
  • Options
    Sorry to piggy back here.....so if a buyer and a seller are in an official ebay/paypal dispute and the seller wins, can the buyer still leave neg feedback in this case? If so, what are the chances the seller can get it removed?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I think this is one of the things Ebay is doing away with.

Good for you.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know if a buyer can still leave negative feedback after a Paypal dispute is filed and settled by a refund from the seller? I ask because I won an auction pretty cheap 3 weeks ago and have been getting what sounds like a load of BS from the seller along with what I think is a bogus delivery confirmation which still shows no status update other than "electronic shipping info received." I am sure he will grant a refund if I file a dispute, but the guy certainly still deserves a negative. >>

I wouldn't be so quik to leave a neg, you might be jumping the gun here. Unless you can prove that the dc is bogus for sure, it might be the fault of the PO.

Put it this way... you "think" it's a bogus DC, but he "certainly" deserves a neg. How can you be certain if you don't know?

By the way, what was the price of the auction?

I see more negs dropped on sellers for $1 to $3 dollar items than anything else. A seller has good feedback on all his cards worth hundreds or thousands, but consistently gets negged on the .99 cent items???
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    It was a case of wax boxes which sold at $17 + $50 shipping. The seller lives in Hawaii and claims he sent it parcel postage(22 days ago). When I asked him why the delivery confirmation shows zero activity, he gave me a line of BS that this type of delivery service only shows final "delivered" activity and no other stops in between.
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It was a case of wax boxes which sold at $17 + $50 shipping. The seller lives in Hawaii and claims he sent it parcel postage(22 days ago). When I asked him why the delivery confirmation shows zero activity, he gave me a line of BS that this type of delivery service only shows final "delivered" activity and no other stops in between. >>

Since the beginning of December I have had 5 or 6 items shipped out of Ohio and not get their first scan until either the destination P.O. or the distribution center right before the destintation P.O.

I wouldn't be so sure things are completely bogus. Now at this point I would still file a complaint and would be done waiting to get something.