Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

N1 Evidence of Trimming resubmit

I just had some grades pop and one card came back N1 Trimming.I got this card out of a pack so I know it wasn't trimmed by a person.I am going to resubmit it on my next order but I was wondering what kind of success you guys get on your N1Trimming resubs.Thanks

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Numeric grades.
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Every EOT that I got I've resubmitted and received a grade. Same for MSRQ as well.

Suggest resubmitting, in my experience, it will get a grade sooner or later.

Justin
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure the card is square before you resub it. For me, scanning the card and cropping it really helps when checking to see if the edges are straight.
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    To me that makes the whole process of grading cards a bit of a joke. The reason I say this is because if i don't like the grade I receive the first, second or third time I just resubmit it until it gets the grade I want. So if I bought a PSA 3 card it could very well have received a EOT grade 5 months prior. So in that case do I have a trimmed card or a very good PSA 3 card? It is not like this happens only once or twice. From what I read on these boards it happens all the time.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Short of having the pack authenticated by Steve Hart (packs can be resealed) and then opening up in the presence of PSA personnel you are
    always going to have cases where cards that are perfectly fine get rejected as "altered" by PSA.

Remember that PSA provides an "expert" OPINION. Even with a slab that does NOT make the opinion a fact. There are plenty of altered cards
    in holders out there that fooled the experts. I know a guy in WV that has built a micro-trimming machine who regularly improves cards and then
    sends them in and they come back slabbed. Defects from the factory can sometimes manifest themselves as alterations too.

The bottom line is that PSA, SGC and all of the 3rd party grading companies employ humans. They are fallable and imperfect. Hell, they
    don't even always apply their own standards consistently, as there are extra reviews and collective grading approaches added for certain
    low pop cards, star cards and certain years.

And since PSA has to stand behind it's grade, they are likely to be highly conservative if there is any question of their being possible alteration
    (even if there isn't really any).

Given the state of technology today there is certainly a gap that could be filled by adding a bunch of machine-assisted grading aids to the process.
    Perhaps someday one of the existing companies will start employing such tools in their process, or a new player will come along and leapfrog PSA
    and the rest of today's "experts". Until then, you have to go with the game under the present rules and limitations I guess.

And if it were me...I'd re-submit.

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>Make sure the card is square before you resub it. For me, scanning the card and cropping it really helps when checking to see if the edges are straight. >>

What jeff said...
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    PSA has been MUCH better with the MSRQ's and EOT's lately. At least with the MSRQ you get a voucher.

Anyone remember back in the day when someone pulled a 1986 Jordan from a pack, sent it in right away using one of the Express grading options and it came back EOT? There was almost a mutiny! If I remember correctly a call was made to JoeO and it was reviewed and graded a PSA 9.