Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Are Harlem Globetrotter autographs worth much?

I got an e-mail from one of my best friends from childhood. His dad found are Globetrotter trading cards. He said half of them are mine and asked if I could sell them and we could split the money. All were singed in the 70s and early 80s in ballpoint pen. Some of the 80s stuff might be Sharpie. His dad would take us every year to see them and get autographs. I don't know where he got all the stuff but during the year his dad would accumulate all kinds of cards and things for us to get signed when we would go. I am looking forward to seeing all of the photos taken with us and the players.

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Not sure about the other guys, but I know there is a market for Meadowlark Lemon ($50.00?) and Curly Neal's ($25.00) auto on their slabbed 70s card.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure about the other guys, but I know there is a market for Meadowlark Lemon ($50.00?) and Curly Neal's ($25.00) auto on their slabbed 70s card. >>

If there are any full name Meadowlark Lemon signatures, you may get a bit of a premium. At paid signings now he only signs Meadowlark.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    According to my friend there is some Wilt Chamberlain stuff signed as well where he also wrote The Big Dipper. I'm not sure if he got those signed with me or not. If he really has no interest in this stuff I may just give him some money and put it with other stuff from my childhood.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>According to my friend there is some Wilt Chamberlain stuff signed as well where he also wrote The Big Dipper. I'm not sure if he got those signed with me or not. If he really has no interest in this stuff I may just give him some money and put it with other stuff from my childhood. >>

NOW you're talking $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. THOSE should be headed out to PSA/DNA yesterday!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.