Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

How do you guys display your stuff?

I just spend last weekend hanging shelves in our extra bedroom and put a bunch of cards on them. Looks pretty cool and quite nerdy, which I dig.

I was just wondering how you guys all display your stuff, if at all, and wanted to see if you had pictures you could post.

Comments

• BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    I did the majority of work winter 2010. These are old pictures, as I have added a bunch of stuff since then. Really need to re-do the photos, as now it really looks good.

As you come down the steps

Through the door and to the left. The sports bar area. Floor is cork. Went with the pub height table and 8 chairs for poker and drinking games (man, who woulda thought I'd still be playing drinking games at 36).

Joe M jersey, a few signed balls, and some of my favorite cards from childhood.

Other wall. A few more balls, some art prints, some Buffalo Bills crap (born and raised, 0-4), extra fridge.

Bar. Quartz top. Built the soffit. Those are LED puck lights. More stuff on the walls.

Behind the bar. Wine fridge and mini fridge with ice maker. A few raw Mantles.

Other 1/2 of the room (tv rooom). Now there's a 6x4 fathead on the right wall, shelves, more stuff, etc. Photos to come some day.

Bob
  • Place looks great Bob. Not sure where you live but I think that room is the size of my entire condo in California. It's the bummer about living here, it's really tough to have the space to do something like that.

Love the Montana jersey and the bar. Any good scotch laying around?
  • Nice room Bob.

Last time I displayed my stuff, my wife left the room...
    Joel
  • I just wear really tight jeans.
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭

<< <i>Place looks great Bob. Not sure where you live but I think that room is the size of my entire condo in California. It's the bummer about living here, it's really tough to have the space to do something like that. >>

Ohio. It's cheap but the weather and sports teams suck.

<< <i>Any good scotch laying around? >>

Not at the moment. made the switch to bourbon last year and haven't looked back.
  • Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just wear really tight jeans. >>

That's what I thought this thread was about.

But I prefer leather butt-less chaps.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Very nicely done. I just painted the my home office the same color as your upper calls. I like some of your wall decor, gives me an idea for something. This is one of my favorites that I have, if only the little mannequin could talk, the stories he would tell.

Im not sure what part of Ohio you are in but here in Marion its over 60 and the sun is out. I got a few windows open.

Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Im not sure what part of Ohio you are in but here in Marion its over 60 and the sun is out. I got a few windows open. >>

I'm in Massillon, this weather is GREAT with the exception of the Tornado Watch until 9pm! image

• << <i>

<< <i>Im not sure what part of Ohio you are in but here in Marion its over 60 and the sun is out. I got a few windows open. >>

I'm in Massillon, this weather is GREAT with the exception of the Tornado Watch until 9pm! image >>

we were supposed to get some major storms this morning but its beautiful outside.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    It rained an ish-ton this morning, but it's sunny and nice out right now. I'll take this for a February!
  • That bar looks great. A friend of mine once did a bar counter top with a collage of cards and a thick sheet of plexi over top.

I have made a few bleacher style holders. This is the 52 bleacher. The center photo was a TTM signature from Berger. I sent him $20 cash and the request. He sent me back the photo signed and the $20.

• << <i>That bar looks great. A friend of mine once did a bar counter top with a collage of cards and a thick sheet of plexi over top.

I have made a few bleacher style holders. This is the 52 bleacher. The center photo was a TTM signature from Berger. I sent him $20 cash and the request. He sent me back the photo signed and the $20.

image >>

Never seen anything like this... great idea!

• << <i>That bar looks great. A friend of mine once did a bar counter top with a collage of cards and a thick sheet of plexi over top.

image >>

This is awesome.

• Really......thanks. I used some 1x3s and some trim, I wish I would have made a few more rows though. The top one is my MVP bleacher more or less.

• fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I like what I see .VERY NICE!!!!One day I will take some pictures of my room.Its nothing as nice whats posted now but it will pass.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • CrazylegsCrazylegs Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    This used to be my room.

Now it belongs to my son & his friends! lol.

I miss my room!

Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my contribution...1955 Topps, this was once the 14th best in the Registry.

• goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Very nice displays!Always get more ideas after threads like this one,I really need to update my pics as well
    and get better organized.Heres a few of the Card room,working on a Jersey room as I type this..

J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    You guys have some nice displays......
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • crazylegs - Nice display but I really appreciate the uncut '76 Topps FB. The top left Anderson and top right Culp are notoriously tough cards and the corner placement explains why. Interesting that it is a 66 card sheet as opposed to the 132. I don't want to hijack the thread but if there are any other uncut '76 Topps FB out there, I always appreciate a scan. Thanks. - Kevin

• << <i>my contribution...1955 Topps, this was once the 14th best in the Registry.

image >>

allright quick everyone find clemente and koufax!!!!

where did you get that display case foir the set?
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I built it one weekend. I measured the card length and top to bottom, then began playing with the math. Amazingly, it turns out that 15 cards across times 14 rows just happens to equal 210, the exact number of cards in the set. Four cards were not issued in 55, but I've added those into the display, Score, Ford, Feller and Musial, which were issued as a VIP packet during the 2005 National.

Once you get the materials it was a straight forward and pretty easy project to do.

That big yellow thing in the upper left corner BTW is the biggest piece that was left of my beloved 1973 Corvette after a truck hit me...I'm pretty lucky to be here! It was the nose piece.
  • Nice stuff guys. image

This is just a glass top coffee table I loaded up with some of my favorite doubles.

• << <i>Nice stuff guys. image

This is just a glass top coffee table I loaded up with some of my favorite doubles.

image >>

That sir is awesome! I love using old items/tables and turn it into something sports related. The cards looks amazing with the wood.

whats with the ducks?
  • artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice stuff guys. image

image >>

That sir is awesome! I love using old items/tables and turn it into something sports related. The cards looks amazing with the wood.

whats with the ducks? >>

Those there are loons. Not ducks...
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't they be "toonies"?
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989

• << <i>

<< <i>whats with the ducks? >>

Those there are loons. Not ducks... >>

Yup, loons. I like the way they look like they're swimming on the glass.

The glass is tinted, you just can't tell in the pic because of the flash.

• << <i>my contribution...1955 Topps, this was once the 14th best in the Registry.

image >>

Damn. That's just fantastic.
  • I kinda lump everything together. image

The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound...That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116